Coke syrup tires

Clone228

So looking for some tires for the syrup but I wanted to know what yalls choice of tire is and why…thanks yall!

Also if you guys have any for sale off or on rim please shoot me a PM

Firestone and dunlop . Were mine . They are probably not the tire of choice now .
Burris 33 or vega is my guess for current tires . With a very thin 4:50/6/6 lft. Rear .

So looking for some tires for the syrup but I wanted to know what yalls choice of tire is and why…thanks yall!

Also if you guys have any for sale off or on rim please shoot me a PM
Depends on where you're running and if/what the tire rule is.
Open tire; Vegas, Hoosiers, yes - even some 20+ year old Firestones are still the ticket.
Most syrup tracks have gone to a specific brand/compound.
For Burris 33 tracks, you'll likely want an older set of intermediates (profile) for early on before the track gets good, then switch out to a harder set that is very thin and cut very flat between the wear dots.
The right prep makes a world of difference on syrup too. Most use something with a goat base to it.
Give us a call at the shop during business hours if we can be of any help.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

For an indoor race using a mixture of VP syrup and rosin with a dry tire on the grid rule, is it worth it to prep in the days leading up to the race to drive it deep into the tire or just hit the tires at the track? Prep of choice at the track seems to be mostly straight goat and I always worry about getting tires too soft by overusing but anytime I don’t hit the tires enough they lock right into the syrup.

Most will use a goat-based prep simply as a PRW. We offer two versions - Black Gold for before the track bites up hard, and our Gold Flash for once it start biting up. Use it right before going to the grid. If they need to be dry, you can always paper towel them on the way to the grid.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

For an indoor race using a mixture of VP syrup and rosin with a dry tire on the grid rule, is it worth it to prep in the days leading up to the race to drive it deep into the tire or just hit the tires at the track? Prep of choice at the track seems to be mostly straight goat and I always worry about getting tires too soft by overusing but anytime I don’t hit the tires enough they lock right into the syrup.
Which track are you talking about will probably get you better info.

Uncle Dave knows best, don't ask the internet!

Back