Conway Speedway - June 27th, 2015

jhucks03

Conway Speedway
2590 Nixon Avenue
Conway, SC 29526

Josh Hucks: (843) 283-6178

Gates Open: 2 PM
Open Practice Starts: 4:30 PM SHARP!!!
Controlled Practice Starts: 5 PM SHARP!!!
Qualifying and Racing to follow

Gate Fees:
Adults: $10
Kids (7-12): $5
Under 7, Seniors and Disabled always free!

Flagman: Fuzzy
Techman: CurFlo

!!!Special Events this race: Animal Heavy and Clone Heavy will be 30 laps!!!

Guaranteed Payouts:

-Kid Karts: Trophies

-Junior 1: $100
-Junior 1 Warmup: 100%

-Junior 2: $100
-Junior 2 Warmup: 100%

-Junior 3: $100
-Junior 3 Warmup: 100%

-Animal Heavy: $300
-Animal Heavy Warmup: 100%

-Clone Heavy: $300
-Clone Heavy Warmup: 100%

-Senior Champ: $200
-Senior Champ Warmup: 100%

-Animal Super Heavy: $150

-Senior Stock: $150

-Amateur: 100%

100% will payback halfway; money classes will payback 1/3 the field.

Entry Fees:
100%, $100 and $150 classes: $25
$200 classes: $30
$300 classes: $35

Add $5 for insurance.

Parking:
-Sponsor parking: $50
Will be limited to the spots between the concession stand and main road on the front row. Each sponsor will include 2 gate passes.

-Reserved: $10
Will be front row on turn 4 side of concession stand.

Anywhere else is free.

Comments, questions and opinions welcomed.

Last edited:
I'll take my same spot Josh. Would also like to run sr stock but need enough time to change motor's between animal and clone.

I feel sure we can work something out nitro. Looking forward to another great weekend. See everyone soon

We'll run FH Heavy at 100%. Any class with 3 karts or less will be 15 laps. Again, not ready to be adding a bunch of classes til we get all the kinks worked out, not to mention this heat.

Would any racers be interested in 30 minutes of open practice, with tires up for some of if it to work in a second groove. Followed by 1 round of class practice. Then qualify and race? Just thinking if we could do anything to start a little later in the day to help everyone out with the heat. I'm open to suggestions.

Red plate is the kids class? Gear rule? Tire rule? We are looking forward to it Josh.

That's correct. This will mirror Souther Kartway's class. 250#, 5-7 year olds and a 15-68 gear. We will adjust if necessary.

All classes are open tire rule.
Thanks for your support.

We'll run FH Heavy at 100%. Any class with 3 karts or less will be 15 laps. Again, not ready to be adding a bunch of classes til we get all the kinks worked out, not to mention this heat.

Would any racers be interested in 30 minutes of open practice, with tires up for some of if it to work in a second groove. Followed by 1 round of class practice. Then qualify and race? Just thinking if we could do anything to start a little later in the day to help everyone out with the heat. I'm open to suggestions.

YES, The heat will be a deterrent to a lot of people. I think your idea is great. The later we start the cooler it will be.

YES, The heat will be a deterrent to a lot of people. I think your idea is great. The later we start the cooler it will be.
????? deterrent to a lot of people ??>>>> old people........ like ???????????me & ?..........start 2 pm is ok with me
?

Looks like it's going to be just as hot next week as it is this weekend. I'm for starting later in the day. Josh you tell us when and that's what we'll do.

Here's what were gonna do:

-Open practice at 4:30.
We will rotate having tires up and down. I'm just trying to give you a little room to save it, or be able to let somebody go and not worry about sliding off the track.

-Controlled Practice at 5:00.
Only one round. Then qualifying and race. With everyone's cooperation I think this will be doable and hopefully offer some relief. I'm afraid to start much later due to 12:00 curfew.

All sponsor parking is now sold, but there are still a few regular reserved left. I will have a parking list posted at some point tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for the support. We have installed more PA speakers and a new scale system will be in place by Saturday. Next batch of upgrades will be to our bathrooms.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads and granddaddy out there!

conway

come hungry will have the buffalo chicken as well as the regular good stuff be sure and try our new footlong double bacon hotdog topped with everything but the kitchen sink a true GUT BUSTER of a hot dog as well as our our new item to try deep fried OREOs we will have plenty of Gatorade on hand looking forward to seeing everyone sat HAPPY FATHERDAYS to all fathers grandfathers goose

Attn: Lets get the SUPER HEAVY ANIMALS ready. Class has been ask for with the super drivers so bring them on out. See ya sat

Back