Cost

Ryan B

I am ready to get into kart racing primarily to spend time with my son (adult) and for both of us to have some fun. We’re looking for a buy out with one kart to start off. My question for y’all is, what is the guesstimated weekly cost for us to run weekly and what will those expenses cover (tires, entry fees etc.)? Thank you.

I have 2 tracks near me (1 is 10 mins away and 1 is a 45 min drive) its about a 100.00 day every time i hook the trailer up.... That gas (truck, generator, karts), 2 pit passes (me and wife), entry fee, drinks, snacks/food). That with 1 kart now this year we will have 3 pit passes and 2 entry fees due to my son finally being old enough to race. That 100.00 doesnt include oil, prep etc.

I have 2 tracks near me (1 is 10 mins away and 1 is a 45 min drive) its about a 100.00 day every time i hook the trailer up.... That gas (truck, generator, karts), 2 pit passes (me and wife), entry fee, drinks, snacks/food). That with 1 kart now this year we will have 3 pit passes and 2 entry fees due to my son finally being old enough to race. That 100.00 doesnt include oil, prep etc.
Thank you. What do you guesstimate on tires per week, month or year with prep? From what I am learning that is the biggest expense after procuring initial set up. Thank you in advance

I am ready to get into kart racing primarily to spend time with my son (adult) and for both of us to have some fun. We’re looking for a buy out with one kart to start off. My question for y’all is, what is the guesstimated weekly cost for us to run weekly and what will those expenses cover (tires, entry fees etc.)? Thank you.

Thanks for the replies thus far. To add...

What do yall guesstimate on tires per week, month or year with prep? From what I am learning that is the biggest expense after procuring initial set up. Thank you in advance

What tires and class do you plan on running?
And here is my ignorance...still learning...and haven't bought anything yet. I have a close friend who has been into racing for years and competes locally and at the bigger tracks. I just started leaning on him to help push me towards the right class/buy out etc.

Is there a general cost (range) you may be able to give me which could cover a few classes? Thank you for being so responsive This forum is a huge help

What area are you in and what tracks you plan on running that will help people here better guide you in your ventures.

Maxxis will require more cost (in prep) due to having to be internally and externally prepped over burris tires i do know that much. I am in northern ohio in burris country so not much help with maxxis but plenty on here will be able to help you with them. This is a great place to learn and get help!

Maxxis will require more cost (in prep) due to having to be internally and externally prepped over burris tires i do know that much. I am in northern ohio in burris country so not much help with maxxis but plenty on here will be able to help you with them. This is a great place to learn and get help!
Thanks. From the get go I’ve heard tires and prep will be my most costly expense but there are ways to play it smart as much as possible and not break the bank.

What you’re saying totally makes sense. Thank you so much for the help. Like you said maybe some of those who are on here are local will chime in with ball park numbers and details to guide me along.

3-4 sets of tires and wheels . Three events per week is awful ambitious .
Quart or so a month of prep maybe a little more .
Thing is you can easily over spend chasing speed when a little restraint can save a bundle .

3-4 sets of tires and wheels . Three events per week is awful ambitious .
Quart or so a month of prep maybe a little more .
Thing is you can easily over spend chasing speed when a little restraint can save a bundle .
Thanks flattop, I’ll hit those tracks on a rotational basis depending on the weekend. One race per week. Any thoughts on ball park of cost?

After you buy 100.00 dollars worth of prep your on the way , cup or so a week .
Tires are 50/60 dollars apeice q+ wheels 35.00
Kart shop will ussualy give you a better price when buying a big bunch or sets .
You could start with 2 sets buy a fresh set a month .
Ball park and horseshoes same thing . 1500 /2000 should get all new fresh stuff .

Back