Coyote wide track on dirt?

If I remember correctly, the kart came with the plate (welded to chassis i believe). No idea why it's called a wolf plate.

If I remember correctly, the kart came with the plate (welded to chassis i believe). No idea why it's called a wolf plate.
Wasn't welded to the chassis, it bolted to the brake caliper bracket, it's designed to keep the brake rotor from severing your spine.
It named after the young boy that suffered this injury, and became mandatory on ALL dirt oval kart since about 2001 someone in there.

Wasn't welded to the chassis, it bolted to the brake caliper bracket, it's designed to keep the brake rotor from severing your spine.
It named after the young boy that suffered this injury, and became mandatory on ALL dirt oval kart since about 2001 someone in there.
I suspected it was probably named after someone that was injured. Makes perfect since for sure why it is needed and how it could happen.

The karts I worked on were asphalt road rat race karts. I just remember that the Wolf plate was extremely large and was unusual at that time because it was before Wolf plates were even mandated on oval karts down here. Made the brakes extremely hard to work on. From what I remember, I replaced all the stock brake parts on one kart with Enginetics components because no matter what we did, we could not get the stock brakes to work properly. I think we also replaced the stock axle cassettes and bearings due to quality issues.

Last edited:
The karts I worked on were asphalt road rat race karts. I just remember that the Wolf plate was extremely large and was unusual at that time because it was before Wolf plates were even mandated on oval karts down here. Made the brakes extremely hard to work on. From what I remember, I replaced the all stock parts on one kart with Enginetics components because no matter what we did, we could not get the stock brakes to work properly.
Thats a different setup than a wolf plate.
Sounds like something a rental kart company would do.
Wolfe plate comes off when you remove the bolts/nuts for the caliper.

It may have come off but I just don't remember. It was at least 20 years ago and I worked on at least three different karts at that time. That's when I formed my opinion that they were a waste of time and money.

Last edited:
To the op, we are not trying to be rude but with the years of experience we have under our belts, we try to steer new/newer racers in the right direction. When it comes to a chassis we try to let them know whether or not what they are looking at is worth it or not. We also try to let them know about the availability of parts as well as if they use universal parts. With your chassis you are going to find a difficult time trying to find parts for it. You may have to have someone make certain parts for it because you just can't find them. Inevitably we look at the whole picture when it comes to everyone's wallet.

To the op, we are not trying to be rude but with the years of experience we have under our belts, we try to steer new/newer racers in the right direction. When it comes to a chassis we try to let them know whether or not what they are looking at is worth it or not. We also try to let them know about the availability of parts as well as if they use universal parts. With your chassis you are going to find a difficult time trying to find parts for it. You may have to have someone make certain parts for it because you just can't find them. Inevitably we look at the whole picture when it comes to everyone's wallet.
I get that 💯 I'm still looking for a better chassis but for what Im doing I don't want to spend a lot of $. Seems alot of what I find are metric sprint karts unfortunately. But in the meantime this came up with running engine and kart stand for a couple hundred bucks I figured it was worth it.

I get that 💯 I'm still looking for a better chassis but for what Im doing I don't want to spend a lot of $. Seems alot of what I find are metric sprint karts unfortunately. But in the meantime this came up with running engine and kart stand for a couple hundred bucks I figured it was worth it.
It takes very heavy impact to bend that front doghouse like that.
That will be a task to find and replace.

I am not sure exactly when it is but cridersville speedway normally has a swap meet in March or April( look on Facebook, i dont have it). You got your money's worth in engine, clutch, tires/rims, and kart stand. With that being said, I would put that chassis on the side and see if you can’t find a roller and swap everything over.

I am not sure exactly when it is but cridersville speedway normally has a swap meet in March or April( look on Facebook, i dont have it). You got your money's worth in engine, clutch, tires/rims, and kart stand. With that being said, I would put that chassis on the side and see if you can’t find a roller and swap everything over.
That was kinda my thinking

Back