Coyote wide track on dirt?

i'll have to look closer at this one and see if its offset. what would be a good cheap Kart to go with it seems sprint carts are all I can find
It all depends on budget, and what you plan to do.
If it's to be competitive at a larger track will require a little better chassis.
But for something to just turn laps I'm gonna say anything 2005 forward from any of the larger brands Trick, Millennium, Prowler, Charger, Slack, Umax, Phantom to name some.
Just ask if it's oval specific.
Be best to find a local track and pick something up there used, seek out who sells parts at the track and ask them, possible they may sell used karts.
Buying stuff you can't use where you plan to race isn't gonna help you.

Example bought a Dino Kart .
Italian straight rail.
Ready to go 5 bills .
Raced it for two years at a local backyard track. Might a won a few , always had fun and were in the hunt.
Back around 2000 .
Advanced from a 1970ish chassis . In the yard kart division.

On older straight rail karts, don't try to set it up like today's offsets, do a 60-40 front to back and start at 50-50 left to right for your weight balance. For tires a set of 7.10's on the rear start at 1/2 stagger maybe 3/4 and front tires 4.5 or 5.5 fronts no stagger. Drive the kart like your on asphalt you'll be able to run it into the corner wide open no need to lift, ride the brake just a little if need be. With a standard old straight rail kart setup you will be able to out drive most of the offset chassis through the corners and also it won't spin out as easily when someone puts a bumper on you, you'll have surprisingly good results on small tracks or a little longer tracks with tight corner's, now you will get beat by the experience racer no doubt about it but you will beat quite a few while they try to figure out there tire game and percentages. I'd say go for it if it's cheap and have fun

On older straight rail karts, don't try to set it up like today's offsets, do a 60-40 front to back and start at 50-50 left to right for your weight balance. For tires a set of 7.10's on the rear start at 1/2 stagger maybe 3/4 and front tires 4.5 or 5.5 fronts no stagger. Drive the kart like your on asphalt you'll be able to run it into the corner wide open no need to lift, ride the brake just a little if need be. With a standard old straight rail kart setup you will be able to out drive most of the offset chassis through the corners and also it won't spin out as easily when someone puts a bumper on you, you'll have surprisingly good results on small tracks or a little longer tracks with tight corner's, now you will get beat by the experience racer no doubt about it but you will beat quite a few while they try to figure out there tire game and percentages. I'd say go for it if it's cheap and have fun
its interesting some folks are saying its total junk waste of time and money and others like yourself are saying just have fun. I mean I get that if your going for a natinal title or track championship and everyone else is running the latest equipment thats what its going to take. but farm track racing weekend warrior stuff idk. some responses leave ya thinking if I sit in this thing the wheels will fall off and it will crumple up and others say it might not be terrible just not that competitve. so who knows

Your results will depend on your inherent driving skill (or ability to learn it) and your commitment to making the chassis work how it needs to. You may prematurely hit the chassis finite handling limit before the LTOs will, or perhaps not -- the track will dictate that. I've worked with a RoadRat and they re nice looking cheaply made karts. A few features I liked. I found them heavy and overbuilt in areas. If you come here for advice and don't take it, expect a verbal beatdown. On the other hand, you'll also find lots of ppl willing to help. Sometimes both from the same person. You are a victim of your own excitement. Welcome to the addiction. :)

The simple of it is your using a solid rear axle to race and to be efficient in a turn because the tires travel thru different radius you must either match the tires some to the turn and even then you must still slip one or the other tire.

There's two ways to deal with needing to slip one or the other tire.
The first which YOU MUST use is to unload the inside rear tire in the turn.
The second is the same but because of stagger you can setup to be more efficient then if you just unloaded the inside rear tire.
Your chassis is designed no matter what you do to it to unload the inside rear tire.
An offset or LTO chassis is designed to do the same but to be able to make it better and more efficient in the corners by using stagger.
With your chassis even if you use stagger you wil NEVER be able to use your chassis to get around the turns as well as an offset or LTO chassis.
... unless your racing against a bunch of slugs who are neither fast nor good
period

with all of everything being sad and suggested to you ... just go out and get seat time have fun and get more and more and more seat time

if ya ain't there to win then you proly should either go to a bar or a church to socialize.

Nobody wants to race against anyone who's not there to win but just there to have fun because they are too dangerous to race with.
Don't forget racin can cripple or kill you at any time.

Last edited:
Your results will depend on your inherent driving skill (or ability to learn it) and your commitment to making the chassis work how it needs to. You may prematurely hit the chassis finite handling limit before the LTOs will, or perhaps not -- the track will dictate that. I've worked with a RoadRat and they re nice looking cheaply made karts. A few features I liked. I found them heavy and overbuilt in areas. If you come here for advice and don't take it, expect a verbal beatdown. On the other hand, you'll also find lots of ppl willing to help. Sometimes both from the same person. You are a victim of your own excitement. Welcome to the addiction. :)
People are interesting for sure lol sometimes a little to eager to administer a verbal beat down before they know the background or anything really about a person. But I appreciate all advice. I get people assume if someone is asking questions then they have no clue what there doing. Cause if your a good racer you know everything right lol. The kart thing is just for fun for me and it's new and different. Not the normal of what I'm used to and for me you can never ask to many questions. But again I appreciate all advice and opinions!

This has got away from the coyote and I've started a another thread on the road rat but everyone seems to like this one better so here are some pics of what I got

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313-192704_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313-192704_Gallery.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20240313-192645_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313-192645_Gallery.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 73
This has got away from the coyote and I've started a another thread on the road rat but everyone seems to like this one better so here are some pics of what I got
Why are you looking at junk?
Ah I see your above post now.
Quit asking questions here, spend your money and hit the track since you know so much.

Back