Cross with cassette

Packman88

Just reading over the owners manual of the MINecon and just wanna see if I am understanding this correctly. Just as an example to much cross can cause a kart to push on entry correct?

I know front spindles can help with cross, but is the rear cassettes the same ? If wanting to decrease cross would I move the left rear cassette up? Or is this going to be different ?

Thanks !

Just reading over the owners manual of the MINecon and just wanna see if I am understanding this correctly. Just as an example to much cross can cause a kart to push on entry correct?

I know front spindles can help with cross, but is the rear cassettes the same ? If wanting to decrease cross would I move the left rear cassette up? Or is this going to be different ?

Thanks !
Are you asking because your racing a MINecon ? and have handling issues ?

Something else I was thinking of; would it not change the alignment on the brake disc and sprocket? Maybe not a lot, but those alignments are important!

The caliper mounts to the cassette so it does not move with the axle .
The sprocket carrier thats a different story .
Misalignment there is true , though you can use the floating carrier to self align .
Standard carrier will have some mialignment .

Last edited:
The caliper mounts to the cassette so it moves with axle .
Not having a picture of that particular kart, I may be in error, but I envision the cassettes stays straight up and down, so I'm picturing it in my head that the brake disc is now misaligned with the caliper. A picture would sure help.

I have been taught to adjust the end you are having the issue with. But yes, LR up= less cross. Chain and brake alignment is almost a non issue with the amounts you are talking about. IMO

Not having a picture of that particular kart, I may be in error, but I envision the cassettes stays straight up and down, so I'm picturing it in my head that the brake disc is now misaligned with the caliper. A picture would sure help.

The brake calipers are bolted to the cassette. The cassette is "bolted" to the axle. The brake disc is bolted to the axle.

No mis-alignment when all of the pieces move together. In older chassis, where the calipers were attached to the frame, then yes. But not in this case. Sprocket hub mis-alignment is minimal at best, and can be corrected with a floating hub.

Im currently thinking on this one .
The silding cassette moved the frame up and down as well .
The mounting point was constructed different in that it was bolted too the frame not the cassette.
The cassette and axle maintain there relationship regardless of frame angle on the current design . So no misalignment.
Sprocket alignment will be altered .

Honestly I think it comes down too tolerance . 30 years building water towers , one time an engineer had me check the vertical tolerances , 3 inches in 100 feet . Not hard to make that .
If its .010 and calls for .003 its out of alignment.
If the frame is at a different angle then the axle . Then there would seem to be misalignment .

I've played around this year drawing a kart. All the details are there, as best as I can remember. On the left rear there's a bracket, it's vertical, it's fixed in place. A cassette and bearing, riding on the axle, are bolted to the bracket. The brake caliper also bolts to the bracket, but not to the cassette. If I raise or lower the frame, the axle doesn't move, the bearing cassette doesn't move, (it's holding the bearing and the bearing is riding on the axle) only the frame and the caliper move. In an arc. That's misalignment to me. Not much, but definitely not 0.

:poop:
I've played around this year drawing a kart. All the details are there, as best as I can remember. On the left rear there's a bracket, it's vertical, it's fixed in place. A cassette and bearing, riding on the axle, are bolted to the bracket. The brake caliper also bolts to the bracket, but not to the cassette. If I raise or lower the frame, the axle doesn't move, the bearing cassette doesn't move, (it's holding the bearing and the bearing is riding on the axle) only the frame and the caliper move. In an arc. That's misalignment to me. Not much, but definitely not 0.
(n)

Back