Daytona: CIK/LO206 class

Hard to imagine how Charlotte could be more wild with this class. If you get your feelings hurt easily this may not be the class for you.

Ain't that the truth?
But seriously, as I said before it's up to the drivers to police themselves. Of course the race director shouldn't cut anybody any slack either. Also like I said before, at the first WKC race in 2018, it was absolutely stupid...and I mean all of us! We collectively agreed to knock it off, and the racing has been much better.
I know they only go 68-70 MPH, but it's still plenty fast enough to get someone hurt.
But it IS a great class that nearly anyone can afford to get into.
Good luck to all tomorrow, and have a fun, SAFE race!!!
Clark Gaynor Sr.

That was a fun race! 26 karts on the 2.2 mile road course. Double file lead pack for the first few laps then back and forth racing throughout the field. A big scramble on the last lap for a very close finish among 3 or 4 karts. Relatively clean race. Only one black flag. A few emotions at the tech shed but a lot of big smiles too. Thank you WKA and the Southern Kart Club for a very organized and fun event. The weather was perfect all three days!
We need more of this.

Thanks for the update.

The WKC first event of the season is still a month away. I'm guessing we'll have at least 20. And we even started a CIK LO206 Sprint Heavy class for some of our larger gentleman. For those who are coming, registration should be open today or tomorrow.

While I'm at it, the spec fuel for the 206's and Clones will be Sunoco 93 Ultra, available in the paddock pumps at the Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit.

Have a good day folks,
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Back