Dry/Slick Tracks

I also never got black sand to work as well as others say it does, and most generally went with something more aggressive, I am thinking this is the same reasoning that brian gave above about most tracks around here are low bite and loose dirt, the dirt seemed to stick to the tires more then the tire sticking to the track. wd-40 and original hotlap is a very good prep for dry dusty situations as well

We get it by now- you don't like prep. Why don't you hang out in the setup and engine threads and leave us "cheaters" to worry with preps?

Doesnt do any good to tell him, he mustv had something worse than prep get to his brain, you can barely read his dang posts without having a brain contusion. I dont know why he even posts in these threads with useless rants like that, most people just ignore it when they see who wrote it or get 3 words into the post and having hard time reading the crap. Alot of guys have challenged him to bring his unprepped tires and fine tuned setup to any racetrack and compete against the prepped tires, but he wont take anyone up on it cuz he knows he will get his ass handed to him. It would benefit us all if Bob would go ahead and ban him from posting, at least in the prep section. He does not seem to understand that this is not the 1980's anymore, or the 90's for that matter, and tire preparation has evolved quite a bit from where it was back then. Either you can prep your tires and compete with the rest, or choose not to and follow the rest, the choice is yours. There are plenty of preps out there that are less harmful to the environment and to the people using them, so that is no reason to justify banning it, and there are very few preps that cost over $30 for a quart, so if people cant afford to spend $30 every few weeks or every now and then, they need to evaluate their choice of hobby or why they are racing in the first place. This crap is getting old seeing this guy pop up in every prep thread ranting about how prepped tires are bad and chassis setup is what wins races. Sounds like he's one of those guys who cant figure out how to use prep correctly, yet cant afford to pay someone to work his tires so he can be competitve, so he chooses to fuss, whine and moan about prep hoping it will change something, when in reality, its only making him **** people off and be annoying.

I have yet to see a single useful post from this guy, all 75 posts he's made has been about how prep is bad, ruins your tires, makes you sick or whatever. BOB, PLEASE BAN THIS GUY FROM THE TIRE SECTION AND DO US ALL A FAVOR HERE!!

I also never got black sand to work as well as others say it does, and most generally went with something more aggressive, I am thinking this is the same reasoning that brian gave above about most tracks around here are low bite and loose dirt, the dirt seemed to stick to the tires more then the tire sticking to the track. wd-40 and original hotlap is a very good prep for dry dusty situations as well

Sounds like you're trying to use Black Sand for the wrong track conditions. Black Sand is for hard/dry/dusty tracks. It doesnt soften your tires enough. For loose/soft track you'll want to use SAA-Grape or GK1-Blue as base and Orange as PRW.

It would be an easy mistake, heck your a prep expert and I guess you didnt even know......LOL. In my experiences with it the greasy stuff comes to the top and the good stuff settles to the bottom just FYI so shaking the can good before use is very important. This is the same concept Fastbraden is trying to explain with why you dont roll this product on tires in a pan, it seperates and you only get some of the chemical makeup in the tire and results wont be satisfactory.
I was just kidden with you....LOLor KITTEN with you....HA HA

Donnie Nall won over 120 large in 2012, and I think Shay Chavous won over 100 the year before that. As good as that sounds, I'm sure Earl will attest that these teams spend BIG bucks in order to rack up wins that big.

There are many that spend more in tires than they win in a year. There money comes from selling you the product that they use to win races on.

There are many that spend more in tires than they win in a year. There money comes from selling you the product that they use to win races on.

That is the key point that not many think about, and theres nothing wrong with that. Most of the tires they sell just have one or 2 races on them

That is the key point that not many think about, and theres nothing wrong with that. Most of the tires they sell just have one or 2 races on them

I was primarily referring to prep, engines, and chassis, but yes they do recover a small small amount of their investment in used tires.

nope we seldom run burris....maxxis pinks...but if i do run burris they will be cut and prepared by me,
fastbraden that is ur opinion on not rolling track tac products
u must only run burris
ive been rolling my vegas and pinks inside for the past 2 years and i have beeen better than ever so i believe u might want to reevaluate ur thought and try it dont be so stuck on ur thoughts
miss understood ur post i apologize i thought u ment internal prep

Hey I run 55's I roll in side with lambert red. I was wondering about the mix abve want to keep duro in mid 50 .but need bite could you pm me with some help. I would appreciate it

oh no watch what you say I started something not long ago about prep and the world came down on me, kind of what you are saying every thing is a big secret
That's another reason this sport is struggling now. I have raced many sports and this one is the worst so far with secrets. They Only help untill u start to bump them.

What racefan said is true regarding the differential uptake. I agree Black Sand is not the best product we make for the Midwest dry slick tracks. Rough Cut Diamond is what I recommend for the Midwest dry slick tracks.

Big Cat has a lot of health problems (heart) plus his son quit racing, so he got away from racing.
Steve

Big Cat has a lot of health problems (heart) plus his son quit racing, so he got away from racing.
Steve

I hate to hear that as well.

I thought he moved to Kentucky, changed usernames again and became an engine building expert- guess I was wrong

I race on a dusty /low bite track and I just tried tt sst5 purple cut with acrysol. Sst5 purple won't soften the tire but gives an extreme amount of bite. I can't give you an exact mix ratio because im still testing. I will tell you this, don't follow the directions on the bottle unless your kart makes 500+ horse power lol. My theory is the acrysol helps dilute the prep and speeds the drying time. You will have to experiment with the ratio for desired bite. Wipe a light coat on before practice and go out and run. Clean and dry tires and reapply.

Back