Ducar valve lash

Thank you. While checking the valves I pulled the recoil cover off. One leg of the coil was 104 thousandths and the other was 94 thousandths. The bolts were tight so i doubt if it moved. I reset it to .040. I have had trouble with the motor on and off with it running. Wonder if it could have been loosing fire at times
Sometimes it runs good though. I will set the valves to 0. Thanks

Thank you. While checking the valves I pulled the recoil cover off. One leg of the coil was 104 thousandths and the other was 94 thousandths. The bolts were tight so i doubt if it moved. I reset it to .040. I have had trouble with the motor on and off with it running. Wonder if it could have been loosing fire at times
Sometimes it runs good though. I will set the valves to 0. Thanks
Have a ducar here with the exact same issue with excessive coil clearance bolts still very tight and straight from the box. Engine ran good some and like crap some. If you are racing a stock ducar and it’s actually straight from the box and put on the kart I would check the coil clearance just to save some possible headaches.

It is out of the box governor and all. It has ran good and ran terrible. I had never looked at the coil. Don't know if it has been like. that all the time. With that much gap it's a wonder it ran. Readjusted the valve tl a tight .0015. Will see how it us next race.

Back