e tube

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
the small segment at the bottom of the etube is for the low speed / idle circuit.
which is richer... 4 hole or 2 hole
was watching an old video of Stout carb video... one said 4 hole was richer the other said 2 hole was richer?? which is it?

one way to explain this is, just like the fuel line delivers fuel to the carburetor the small holes at the very bottom of the E tube delivered or Supply fuel to the idle circuit . On a carburetor used in stock classes to enrich the idle circuit you would enlarge the brass hole in the plastic pilot jet.

More holes or bigger holes is leaner .
I don't think the e-tube affects the idle circut though .
I really don't know so I am not arguing just verifying. I would have thought more or bigger holes would pick up more fuel so making a richer mixture.

I do agree has nothing to do with idle

So air goes through the holes and the air velocity creates a vacuum that pulls the fuel up through the center? At least close enough for a layman? That would mean as you said bigger or more holes = leaner or more air.

Sort of .
Air through the venturi is what pulls the fuel . Which in turn pulls air through the little hole in the front of the carb to mix in via the e-tube holes .

Carb diagram

Screenshot_20231004-235940.png

the 2 or 4 holes in the very lowest part, in the recessed area above the main jet, feed the idle circuit. The smaller, multiple holes going up the main body supply air to emulsify the fuel going to the main circuit.
current thoughts are, that if you are running alcohol, that more / bigger idle feed allows you to run richer low and part throttle. Some restricted gas use it to tune but it is a very razor edge balance.

Back