Flat dirt oval 1/8 mile vs icon

MiCkEyDeAn

My local track is an 1/8 mile track very flat with medium bite ... Im running an icon my numbers are .. Nose 47 left 58 cross 60 ... Left rear tire 1/2 off rail right rear 1/4 off rail camber left +.25 right -2.25 ... Caster factory 8 and 12 ... Stager 3/4 front and rear ... Seat 91/4 off axel ... Im having issues with it being loose apex out ... Also running yellow Vegas 4lb left side 5lb right side ... It turns in really good then goes the the crapper ... And we all know if you can't come off the turn you can't win lol... Some guidance in the next move on adjustments please

I own a icon try takeing your back tire behind your seat move it out more. If that dont work try moveing your big tire around. You might have to put some wieght on the back of your seat to help hold it to the ground

is your kart turning fine or does it wash up the track and you turn more and it gets loose. Or is it your just to loose

Take your back tire and move it out about 40" apart that would do it for you drop your rf 2.75 that would do it

Now that you say that it holds fine it doesn't wash up the track any front holds true i have to get out of the gas to much to control the rear... I have had others drive it and do worse with controlling the cart than i do and these guys are seasoned ...

Not sure ive always measured from the rail to the rim on the tires because its more accurate than trying to measure the tire contact points

You measure the back tires from where the flat spot starts to the other flat spot ends . Your measuring to the outside edges of the tires right. Flat spot to flat spot they should be around 39-40 overall. Move them out in equally a 1/4" at a time untill the front gets to tight then back them up a 1/8-1/4 equally. RR tire start about 1/4 from frame rail then go 39.5-40 to the other tire flat to flat not to outside where rim is.

I know how to measure the tires but it sometimes isn't real clear where that flat spot is on a used set of tires ... Thats why i always use the distance from the frame rail to the rim to move rear tires ...

Yes sir as you move the back tire out youll notice the rear will start getting snugger. Like you said if you cant get into the corner and out with out sideing then your dead inn the water comeing off.

How did you come up with 43" then. That would tighten up the rear end so much it couldnt even be drove. Good luck you know more than me so ill give no more advice.

I don't see how you could get 43" from outside of contact patch to contact patch, you gotta be measuring different.
If indeed it's 43" ya you got issues.

Back