Flat dirt oval 1/8 mile vs icon

You don't have to go wider, That's crazy, Increase front stagger to at least 1.25", move RR in just so it's clearing hanger, increase Rt Fr neg camber to 2.75.

Stagger was what i was going to increase next from my original set up on the first post here i was kind of wanting to hear it from someone else as well i said willing to go a little wider not clear to the 43 lol

Don't know what class weight you're running but you can lower your nose by 1% to 46 and try 7 and 11 caster (so it don't turn in as hard) or 8 and 11 (so the right front bites sooner). I agree with some of the other post as well, you need more front stagger. Just my opinion.

Listen to racing promoter.....id raise the front stagger and rear stagger to 1 1/4 since u said its flat.....maybe cross up to 62 and more lf camber...maybe +1/2

I would have never thought of raising my stagger that high

I think your going to find that with that little stagger kart enters great however not enough stagger to maintain rotation causing you to put to more steering input then snap loose, Steering input is most likely your biggest problem with current set up, however the RR being out plus to little Rt Fr camber magnifies it.

I own a 1/8th mile oval but it's banked and we run 1 1/2" front and rear, fix your stagger set RTW off wheel spacings to hangers at 3/4" lt and close RR, pretty sure your question will be answered.

Good Luck !!

It all depends on tires your useing. If your useing ss11 then it would be to tight. If your useing ss55 you should be fine. But then every track I go to im very fast. Bad thing about being fast people like to put stapples inn your tires so you dont race like at speed creek I had that done bc noone there was smart enough to keep up with me except for one person we ran nationals togther.

You must have a problem elsewhere on your chassis if your telling him to have his lr off 2 inches and the rr off 3/4 of an inch....that's just a bandaid for having a rear track that wide.

Alice if its working for you don't go trying to fix it lol... My kart was untouchable year before last i didnt have a clue how to set it up then i just bolted the seat down as far left as i could in a comfy position tilted the front wheel down some and ran it it was the fastest thing the local track had seen ... Then last year started reading on it got scales re adjusted seat replaced bearings and hasn't ran good ever since lol ... Im back on the better side of things now but only made one adjustment a race to figure out what helps and what hurts lol last race i ran best lap at 9.2 and was still loose thanks for the input guys looking forward to this year

I would have never thought of raising my stagger that high

You told me you ran that much stagger and it sucked! If someone gives you a proven setup, ALL the variables have to match the setup given. Don't partially run a certain setup with different variables and tell them that you tried their setup and it sucked.

It all depends on tires your useing. If your useing ss11 then it would be to tight. If your useing ss55 you should be fine. But then every track I go to im very fast. Bad thing about being fast people like to put stapples inn your tires so you dont race like at speed creek I had that done bc noone there was smart enough to keep up with me except for one person we ran nationals togther.

It's not that simple, if the track condition warrants running 11's then 11's are best, yes some will be tighter than others but putting 33's on one of the tighter karts is not going to put ya to the front.

You told me you ran that much stagger and it sucked! If someone gives you a proven setup, ALL the variables have to match the setup given. Don't partially run a certain setup with different variables and tell them that you tried their setup and it sucked.

I've ran it like that on the triton as a trial and it didnt help it that day the numbers i ran with it are logged in my book tho the kart didnt Handel well at all but from what you guys have said it prob wasnt the stagger that day that was off ... The triton ive went after it way to eager to get it to preform changing tomany things at once ending up giving me a bunch of setups that dont work well together ... Not saying that you are wrong

I think it was 43....but yeah smh...hey u asked for advice and we all try to help....ur stagger is way too low, I've told you and so did a few others....if it isn't working, its in ur tires.....you can't just buy a triton and be as fast as the next triton...you gotta learn the TIRES and the kart....but what most ppl chimed in and suggested was all fairly close.....so we all are wrong?!

Back