Flathead Classes

How many people on here still run the briggs flatheads at there track in a stock appearing class or just a nka rules class? I wish my local track still had flatheads but I guess not enough people want to race them. Personallly I would love to hear the sound of 10 flatheads way better than 10 OHV Clones.

:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-080811_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-080811_Chrome.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 28
Most local tracks to us still have 1 adult flathead class. It's often the biggest class, but rarely pays more than the minimum payback. OHV just sounds like a herd of lawnmowers to me.
Nothing better than the sound of a limited flathead a full song in my opinion.

We still build a lot of flatheads in the shop.
It will always be my favorite karting engine, it's provided an income for my family for 30+ years, and I'll be the last man standing who still works on these things.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I wonder How I could get a flathead class going at my track. It is a very nice facility with a bunch of guys who are very succesful in karting and have a bunch of skill. It is a very competitive class. I wonder what I owuld have to do to start a flat head class?

I wonder How I could get a flathead class going at my track. It is a very nice facility with a bunch of guys who are very succesful in karting and have a bunch of skill. It is a very competitive class. I wonder what I owuld have to do to start a flat head class?
Ask the promoter .
Lot of times 3-4 make a class . The commitment too show up may influence them .
If you got everyone lined up and comitted before hand would be helpful .

I don't know of too many promoters who will turn away entries at the gate.
Bring them and they will be run. Just make it worth everyone's time -- 2-3 aren't much fun to race against, or wait through. :) Start drumming up some interest. Get 3 guys committed to begin with that are consistent...occasionally throw the class a few bones (money races) and then it will grow.

Pulled mine out tot run this weekend will post how many show up. to me the issue with these motors is availability of parts, expense, and dealing with methanol. I do love the old flathead program. One motor, one set of rules.

Back