Flex Fuel??

Anyone ever run Flex Fuel in a stock appearing clone? Gas is ridiculously expensive in NY and was wondering if anyone used this fuel and how it performs computer to 87. It’s like 1$ cheaper a gallon.

There are articles on here about running E-85.

Jetting, of course, and getting/checking for consistent fuel are main issues.

You will need test equipment, and the ability to blend to get required consistency.

There may be a little power to be had.
Of course, you will be using more fuel as well.

I have seen some pretty strong E85 engines in stock appearing, strong enough that they got banned. When the rules were written they said no alcohol, assuming everyone would stick to gas. Didnt happen.

I will add be careful when buying e85. Buy a test kit and test it because it isnt always the same mix. I have had a few of my older buddies get a bad mix of E85 and it does bad stuff. I know a guy who had a mustang tuned on E85 and it messed the car up and some sensors and injectors because it had so much moisture in it. You should have seen how much water was in it. Just buy a test kit and test a little fuel before you buy it as it isnt always a good batch because it isnt bought often in some places and so it could be old and stuff.

No point in running E85. If it’s legal in your SA class it won’t be for long. If it’s open fuel Methanol makes just as much power if not more, burns cooler and is consistent. E85 unless bought from a drum is more expensive and is the only way to have consistent fuel. Oh and you still have to purge it and keep your motor clean because it’s just as corrosive as alky. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Back