Fly wheel

No offense to you, but you are one of the manufacturers of flywheels, i would prefer to see dyno sheets from someone whos information would not be biased toward their own product, to be honest. You can make a dyno read anything you want, this is a known fact.

Sneaks, do you have dyno sheets of various flywheels used on the same engine, same day? Or you Barry?

I don't. Maybe one day. I will say this, if I do one I will tell the truth.. I have nothing to gain by fabricating anything. I buy a lot of ARC parts, some straight from ARC, but most from my other suppliers.. Dover is one of them. I have at least 11 ARC flywheels in the shop, not counting how many have left on customers engines. I have 10 engines in the shop with ARC rods, and three new (still in the boxes). But, I will be honest when I do any type of dyno test.

whether it's a raceseng, pvl or arc (which I prefer due to the actual design), like oil, it comes back to personal preference and what you feel comfortable with. the pvl has (in my opinion) failed....the design of the fins. I found the fins not to my liking because they were too thin and broke too easily. the arc, on the other hand has a thicker fin design, and if for no other reason, this puts it ahead of the pvl. I can't comment on the slipstream or the raceseng because I have no personal experience with them. personal preference is usually 95 percent of why we buy what we do. sure we all look at the products and look at the selling points, but it comes back to personal preference. you feel safe and feel the raceseng fits what you want, then you'll buy it. same with the pvl and the arc designs.....if you look at them and say to yourself "that looks like what I want to race with", then I can almost guarantee that your going to buy it. face it, everyone of the flywheels mentioned operate in the same relative way and serve the almost identical purpose...past that, it's what you decide you need and how comfortable you are with the decision. just sayin.....

arc 6619 makes great power and arc customer service is the best their is.

X2 Thats it all the way. Very nice products and Jody is pretty much only a phone call away personally even though he is extremely busy for any questions, and he takes the time to share his wealth of racing knowledge to help even a beginner racer understand and he won't rush you off the phone or make you feel stupid for any question you ask. Thanks Jody.

whether it's a raceseng, pvl or arc (which I prefer due to the actual design), like oil, it comes back to personal preference and what you feel comfortable with. the pvl has (in my opinion) failed....the design of the fins. I found the fins not to my liking because they were too thin and broke too easily. the arc, on the other hand has a thicker fin design, and if for no other reason, this puts it ahead of the pvl. I can't comment on the slipstream or the raceseng because I have no personal experience with them. personal preference is usually 95 percent of why we buy what we do. sure we all look at the products and look at the selling points, but it comes back to personal preference. you feel safe and feel the raceseng fits what you want, then you'll buy it. same with the pvl and the arc designs.....if you look at them and say to yourself "that looks like what I want to race with", then I can almost guarantee that your going to buy it. face it, everyone of the flywheels mentioned operate in the same relative way and serve the almost identical purpose...past that, it's what you decide you need and how comfortable you are with the decision. just sayin.....

I believe i agree with what your saying 100%, most people choose a flywheel based on what draws them to a certain wheel, and personal preference. The price is what drew me to the PVL, but when i checked into other flywheels at the time, the PVL was the only one that offered a steel hub rather than being machined from solid billet, and i had read alot of posts on the old site where people were having problems with the keyway or taper on the ARC and other billet flywheels getting torn up or the puller threads stripping from overtightening the bolts, and from assembly and removal of the flywheel if you are someone who removes your wheel more often than most do, which i am one of those people. So more than the price, the steel hub was the main deciding factor for me when i chose the PVL. The fins have never been a problem for me, i even found a rock stuck in btween 2 of the fins on my flywheel one day when i removed the blower housing to change coil gap, it had not damaged the fins at all, not even a scratch on the wheel. I just removed it, set the gap where i wanted and went back to racing. I would however like to give one of the slipstream wheels a try, i have seen them in person and they look really nice and clean, sort of like a raceseng wheel but thats just my opinion. Mikey maybe you got a bad wheel that was one of the first PVL wheels to come out and it had thinner fins than the newer ones do? The fins on my PVL's look really thick and sturdy from what i can tell.

By the way, i have absolutely nothing against Jody or ARC, as well as any of their products, i actually have quite a few products from ARC myself, i am just stating my opinion on the topic at hand. One thing about ARC that it seems alot of people do have a problem with though, is that you have to spend a minimum of $50 before you can even get anything from them, when most people would rather only pay for what they really need, which is usually only one or 2 small things, from everyone i have talked to about this issue. Not everyone can afford to drop $100 on a website just because they have to in order to get that one or 2 things they actually needed instead. That is something that could be improved upon in my opinion.

thanks for the words mr weddle....mean a lot to me!! jody at arc has been helping me from day one. he helped with suggestions and ideas to improve my first motor to the current ones that i'm building. i can't comment on the web order situation becuase i'm only about 50 minutes away from arc and if i need something i go on a road trip!! our next flywheels for the current builds are going to be the adjustable arc products. i feel that they will be an advantage.

i may have gotten one of the first ones or a bad batch...but at the time, the fins were basically a poor design.

Once again Mr. Weddle you are basing your opinions on rumors and not facts. The the $50 Online minimum is in place because PayPal has to get there cut before we do, the same reason most convenient stores have a $5 minimum on debit card purchases. You have always been able to call direct and order one 50 cent gasket if you want...

Try living out 'west'....($45/shipping) for a $110 Clone motor...Only! (I can go 15mls to HF and get a $99 Predator). The PVL IS the best bang-4the-buck on 'Box-Stock'...period! I do like the 'Slip-Stream' on the Mod motors and am looking at the 'Ultra-Lite' becuz I want too 'play' with 'windage' curiousity/needs on alky motors. ARC is second-too-none! JMO

Back