Gearing

bullerman

Unrestricted clone stock medium. Track is 565' long. What would be a good starting gear. Turns are not hairpin but not sweeping either. Haven't ran a one before.

13 / 62 would be a safe starting point, provided it's a good blueprinted clone able to turn 7000 rpm, I'd have a 14 front driver along as well.

The builder said to turn it in the 6900 rpm range. We have a track I will be running. It is a good bit smaller and he said a good starting point would be 12 -62.
On this bigger track I think I may put the 14-62 on and see what I have. I figured it would take at least a 14 but we'll see.

Track would have to be pretty small or driver really green to have a clone on a 12. I’d say 13/64ish on your small track and on the bigger try to get on that 14 driver as soon as your able... just my 2 cents.

The builder said to turn it in the 6900 rpm range. We have a track I will be running. It is a good bit smaller and he said a good starting point would be 12 -62.
On this bigger track I think I may put the 14-62 on and see what I have. I figured it would take at least a 14 but we'll see.
Momentum will dictate which one, the 13 / 62 was starting point I'd bet you'll race with lower rear like 60, remember once you practice you can still bump front driver up once you've confirmed more where you need to be.

Same track with box stock predator like they run up north with the 5500 rpm rule.
Seems like I read it would be a couple off more.teeth on the driver than the clone. I had a friend that went and ran some laps on the track today. He has a predator but it is not box stock. I think he said he had a 14 - 60 on. I forgot to ask him what he was turning.

Same track with box stock predator like they run up north with the 5500 rpm rule.
Seems like I read it would be a couple off more.teeth on the driver than the clone. I had a friend that went and ran some laps on the track today. He has a predator but it is not box stock. I think he said he had a 14 - 60 on. I forgot to ask him what he was turning.
That tells you not much not knowing 100% what all was done to his predator, and not being on the dyno knowing his target RPM, and how close he hit it with the 14 / 60, knowing his target RPM and what he turned would tell you a little.

Back