Getting rid of hondas?

oh and i have genuine, 100 percent pure honda flat tops in both of my motors....

I have 4 GX390s and a big box full of GX390 parts, and some 270 GX's, and the shop at work has honda parts laying all over it.
I am a huge supporter of Honda engines 30 years in the Commercial Masonry Trade how could I not be
But for stock classes there is no need for Honda engines or parts

someone in the organization dislikes hondas....there is no freaking difference in hondas and clones...they use mostly the same parts....you can say what you want but I still do on understand the removing of honda....

Nobody is just now removing honda engines from the classes, hondas have never really been legal to use in stock class racing, like XXX#40 said above. It is not just that people dont want to allow honda engines, its that people dont want to add more rules and more parts to tech, more things that are not neccesary at all! If we keep adding things that arent needed, the stock class or clone class will never gain any ground and bring new karters into the sport. Do you want things to keep changing every few months and karters to keep selling out until the sport is down to 3 or 4 karts at every track?? That is where this sport is headed if some changes arent made. As far as why honda is not allowed, it is probably mostly due to the cost compared to clones more than it is about the performance aspect of it. We are trying to keep the costs down for karters, not raise them even more. It is not that hard to understand. If the honda's werent allowed before and up til now, then there is no good reason to allow them now! If you want to use honda engines, then run the open or outlaw class and use your honda engines, but they do not belong in stock class racing, it is just completely unneccesary and would only add cost for no reason, when the parts are basically the same parts except honda parts you are paying for the honda brand, which means your paying more for the same parts.

Your argument does not hold water IF they tec the same and it is not adding another class. But looking down the road consider this. Honda filed and won suits against Lifan and Ducar which is why you no longer see them offering them or importing them and why you have the predator engine. Redesigned and different specs. Honda was not aware that the " clone " was still being imported. They are now. Stay tuned.

Where dI'd you get your information that Honda didn't know clones are being imported? Honda filed suit years ago. That is why the head bolt pattern was changed.

(sarcasm intended) Come on you guys Honda one of the largest and most successful manufacturers in the world does not keep track of sales and market penetration, they don't have a clue about what is being sold in the sectors of the market which they design and develop product for.

They are smart enough to realize that this cannot be beat, they can fight an win against Lifan for one patent, same with Ducor(which I cannot find evidence of a lawsuit), then Dupor, and on and on. How long would you keep going I can find you dozens and dozens of Honda technologies copies, the fight would not end. When China is all lawsuited out they will have to move into India, Korea, and maybe the US and don't think there are not copied products here.

Honda is actually introducing a new engine produced in China by the Jialing-Honda Motors Co., Ltd it is a light duty copy of the GX series it will have White tins, plastic recoil housing and be labeled GP for General Purpose, there will be GP160 and GP200 models.

Engine GP160H GP200H
Engine type Air-cooled 4-stroke single-cylinder gasoline engine (OHV)
Number of cylinders / bore×stroke (mm) 1/68.0×45.0 1/68.0×54.0
Displacement (cm3) 163 196
Compression ratio 8.5:1 8.5:1
Maximum power (kW/rpm)* 3.6/3,600 4.1/3,600
Maximum torque(N・m/rpm)* 10.3/2,500 12.4/2,500
Continuous rated output (kW/rpm) 2.9/3,600 3.7/3,600
Fuel consumption (L/h)(at continuous rated output) 1.4 1.7
Fuel Unleaded gasoline for automobiles
Fuel tank capacity (L) 3.1
Ignition system Transistor magneto
Governor system Mechanical
Air cleaner Semi-dry, dual element
Lubrication system Forced spray
Starting system Recoil starter

Designed for emerging countries, meets all Chinese Environmental rules. Dare to say it will not be imported to North America. If you can't beat them join them, this product appears and meets al lthe specs of the GX series but it is being referred to as light duty.

Back