gx 160 head on predator 60363

I have the rtc4 head on my hemi short block,it's been shaved as well with stock pushrods from the 69730 motor-now I dont run a big lift cam,but have no problems. But again,I run a bigger duration cam vs a big lift cam.

Mikey you must really like those 5.175 pushrods;do you have a pair you sleep with?? You have referred to them more than 35 times There aint nuthin special anyone building an Engine should figure his or her valve train geometry and pushrod length. Maybe you should have checked YOURS before snapping off 2 studs Seems to me that is a normal and critical part of Engine assembly......Jsut Sayin LOL

You guys need to check your math on the 14cc head on the Hemi.
Remember static compression is cylinder capacity + combustion chamber(head gasket+chamber+piston dish+ any in the hole), divided by the total combustion chamber cc again. So lets say you've got a 212cc Hemi motor that is .010 in the hole, you throw on an untouched 14cc head and use two .009" head gaskets for a total of 16cc combined combustion chamber. That gives you 212cc +14cc +~3cc(gaskets + in the hole piston), =229cc, now divide by 17cc for......drum roll.....13.47:1 compression!
Do people really use 2 head gaskets? Or is this just for an example?
Just curious.

I did on that engine yes but it wasnt a hemi bottom end. I ran it on regular pump gas i was just wonder if the hemi bottom end with a 14cc head (w/flat top and .10 head gasket) would run with race gas?

astro...we've been over this before....when i snapped the rocker studs, they were on the first engines that i built for kart racing and naturally, it was one area that i over looked. while i advocate using the correct length, i find that the pushrods i use (not mentioning the length mind you), work well with any application. as for "sleeping" with them.....you have some warped fantasies....i would recommend a good doctor to talk to about your personal desires. as far as mentioning them 35 times....so what? you keeping track of the times that i say "5.175"? I i figure that you, being an expert on just about everything anyone says on here, you would have more important things to occupy your tremedous brain power with than counting the numbers of times someone says something.

but i digress...when building an engine for the first time or the 900th, you should check everything so that you don't suffer a catastrophic faillure. and kart racer60.....that's jsut about what the cc's on my clone head on the hemi bottom end and i'm running 110 sunoco race fuel with no issues at all....

Do people really use 2 head gaskets? Or is this just for an example?
Just curious.

they do, but its mainly to get the cc's to the correct limit or something along those lines, not neccesarily for better seal. The more compression you try to use, the more you run into sealing issues. That is where the fire ring headgasket has came in handy, in my opinion.

Some of the genuine honda 14cc heads came with big valves, 27mm intake and 25mm exhaust, i have had a couple of those and they are the ones you want, trust me.

No HONDA never used 27 and 25mm valves in GX160 engines. The 14cc head came on GX140 tiny ports and valves, and on the early GX160 but they never had 27 and 25mm valves.
Honda has not used 27 and 25mm valves in any of the GX140, 160 or 200 engines.

No HONDA never used 27 and 25mm valves in GX160 engines. The 14cc head came on GX140 tiny ports and valves, and on the early GX160 but they never had 27 and 25mm valves.
Honda has not used 27 and 25mm valves in any of the GX140, 160 or 200 engines.

I had 2 that I bought at a local lawnmower shop last year, both had 27/25mm valves and they were BOTH on HONDA GX160 engines, one had a flat top piston and the other had a dish piston, no idea how old they were but didn't look too old to me. I ported them and sold them to a guy who ran outlaw classes. I had assumed they came stock that way, since I don't see why anyone would put big valves in his pressure washer engine. I also remember a post from back on the old bobs site where another guy had one of them as well

Honda part# IN 14711-zf1-000
Ex 14721-zf1-000
Same for GX160 and 200 it is the only # used for the Japanese made and Thailand made up to UT1

The UT2 uses IN 14711-Z4m-000
Ex 14721-Z4m-000

There are no other numbers except for a Stelite exhaust.
Honda did not use 25 and 27mm valves in the GX series engines,

Kart43, i dont know how to explain the valves other than that is how the heads came to me, whether or not they were actual genuine honda valves or not i do not know for sure, but they did look just like the honda valves, with a flat valve head and IN on one and EX on the other, just like other honda valves i have seen. If i still had the heads i would post pics, but i havent had them for quite awhile now. They were nice castings though, i have to admit. If i remember right, one of the was a ZH8 casting, i cant remember for sure as its been awhile.

I have used a honda gx160 head on a predator 212cc the non hemi model and it works quite well although you have to watch the fuel you put in cause with the math I did you'd be a little higher than 12:1 on the compression ratio it gives you incredable low end torque and after many rides on a mini bike its held up on preminium gas no knock no excissive carbon build up nothing and my low speed jet and main are bored out even then i didnt have even a dime invested they were all used parts the only cost was a billet rod considering i got the predator and the gx160 for free

So I installed a Honda gx160 head on my predator 212cc hemi and I used the Honda push rods and now the engine has too much compression and I checked the valve lash and it was good I don’t know if I should be using the Honda cam as well?

Cam should not matter .
Check lash again , rockers binding , coil bind or vvale to piston contact. Also piston to head or head gasket.

Back