Hats off to Bloomington Speedway

WFO72

First off, the track was the way it needed to be for a go kart race. Fast, no dust, and some of the most incredible racing I have seen anywhere in Indiana in a very long time!!!! 2 and 3 wide lead changes, dang near photo finish in several races. I didnt race this round, but I will be back with several others that didnt race, come the next time around! For it being the first go kart race they put on, they did a heck of a job. And there is some serious potential for some big races there. I was even a little leary about getting all the races in by midnight, and you guys were able to pull it off no problem!

With that being said, a little constructive criticism to follow. The starts... (which in no way takes away from the incredible job you/they did) Lining them up on the backstretch and going straight green does save time. But at the same time, is a little unfair in some instances. Maybe stop them there, and then give the 1 to go when they take off. Same with restarts. That way we dont waste a bunch of time running caution laps still, but it gives the larger groups time to tighten the pack up for the start. And again, these are just suggestions, and only my personal opinion. And for the black flag... I understand you had no tolerance for rough driving, and I commend you for that. But several of the black flags were a little unnecessary. This is a super speedway for karts. And there is going to be a little rubbing, and a little gouging. And some guys are running highway gears, and when the get going they are rolling alot faster than others. So just keep that in mind.

So in a nutshell, you did a hell of a job for thew first time out. And you WILL get more back. I truly think you are sitting on an Indiana gold mine for go kart racing! Lots of passing, drafting, and truly exciting go kart races! How many of us out there, can say they have seen anything like that in Indiana in at least a decade? Ponderosa speedway in Kentucky for the insane one, is the only other racing Ive watched like that in years!

Most definitely the best racing I've seen in the Midwest since I started other than the insane one at ponderosa. Although there were little things that could of made it better like WFO72 said but still amazing job to everyone that put the race on and to all the racers because it was clean tight racing! Great job everyone can't wait to come back next time!! Thank you Bloomington Speedway for doing this!

Chop Cutz
Venom Juice
Porkchop,

Great job on the track. But the black flags were uncalled for. If the flagman has a personal problem with the driver they need to take care of that off the track. You know who you are. Another thing I noticed is that a few people missed their heat race because they couldn't hear the loud speaker. With that being said I know of one person that missed their heat and still started mid pack. I guess it's about how much you want to pay for your spot.

First off, WOW!, absolutely incredible job for the first time. I agree with wfo72 and chopcutz on some of the stuff that needs to be changed a lil bit, but I totally love the facility, track, and racing. Best racing I've seen since insane one at ponderosa. I also believe that you are sitting on a gold mine in southern Indiana. I WILL BE BACK in September along with a few more as well. I can not wait! So in closing, amazing job to Bloomington Speedway.

I'm not going to speak on behalf of the racing incidents last night, but I do want to thank Bloomington Speedway as a track for putting on a show for us last night.

Knight Cuts tires and prep set the standard early on last night by sweeping all three heat races. The response that ensued after for the prep and tires we were on was tremendous. With that being said, if anyone needs any prep or tire work done, feel free to get ahold of me or Ben Knight as soon as you can. We do still have some supply of prep available for purchase at the ready and can get tires going as soon as possible.

Quakenbush Racing as a team would like to thank our tire guy, Ben Knight, for all the help last night and for giving us what we needed to consistently be the fastest stand alone kart in all three classes that we entered.

On another note, we would like to send a Congratulations out to several of our drivers that we were very fortunate enough to help out last night. Devin Smith wheeled his kart in a great finish to win Clone Medium, and I also want to extend a well-earned congratulations to the Miller's and Ron Sipes on their great runs last night. We are very glad to be able to help you guys out last night. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple people who we were able to help last night but we were so busy it was hard to keep track of everything.

Feel free to get ahold of me with any questions.

Tyler Quakenbush

Knight Cuts
Moon Power
PRC

Keep the black flags waving track is to big and to fast for rough driving to be tolerated and the go karting scene has become way to rough in my opinion on what is acceptable.

This thread wasnt started, to start any problems. No, it wasnt perfect... But no race ever is. You cant help but commend the speedway and the people that put this on, for their efforts. I started this to support what they did, and show them, and everybody on bobs. That they need to come here and race. They did an amazing job, for their first ever go kart race. Ive been to plenty of tracks, that have been running for years. That cant even get to where they just started. Yes, there will be mistakes made, but im sure they will learn from it. Give RESPECTFUL and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Or you will be part of the problem with go kart racing these days. And not part of the solution. Calls have to be made, and unfortunately there is always someone at the short end of the call. Sometimes it plays in your favor. Sometimes it doesnt. All my point is, lets not bash them for what they just did. Keep it to yourself. Because there is some serious potential here, to have something great right in our backyard so to speak. Dont knock them for what they did wrong, commend them for what they did right. Because i have watched at least a half dozen track in indiana close their gates, and turn off their lights. To never turn on again. Lets not do that to them, before they ever actually even get this ball rolling. I cant help but think, the racing and surface was that good, and it was their first time. Wow, the potential there...

I don't know the exact kart count likely 125 entrys with 15 classes and to pull off all the heats and features before midnight is exceptional. The midwest needs a track just like this and will only continue to grow. It would be great if they could possibly run once a month next year and I assure you the kart count would only increase and the great competitive racing continue. As far as fairness goe's I have to go with the track as this was their first karting event completely different from other racing there. If people have a problem with a call it should be settled with a pit steward and not on a thread.
Looking forward to their next exent a will bring more racers along.

Here's the thing some of the officials in the line up shoot were complaining about the other officials. And there was a lack of communication. I'm not blasting Bloomington speedway at all I loved running there last night. It seems there were to many chiefs and not enough indians. And if you are an official you need to leave your differences with other drivers at home. The track is no place to get your revenge. Certain officails will be the reason people will not return.

First off thank you to kris for putting on the show, I had a blast as that was the fastest I have ever ran in a gokart. I will say I agree with each post that has been made so far but, I do believe criticism is needed if it is done in a suggestive manner which will benefit everyone. Advertising a payback of one spot paid for every 3 entries and the paying 3 spots in a 3 kart class or paying 3 spots in a 4 kart class is not right. Yes I did ask about this and I was told sorry I guess I made a mistake, and that was it. No we are not in karting for the money, but I do expect promoters to uphold what is posted . I can live with some rubbin as that's expected but when there are 3 karts involved and only one gets dqd kinda makes you wonder. I am not against the black flag use if it is consistent. It amazes me how one can run on a track that is wide enough for at least 6 karts racing and still manage to have beating and banging going on. And by the way since there was supposed to be an announcement which classes were running for the added money( which I did not hear announced) does anyone know which classes they were? Again thanks to all the sponsors whether it be money or items donated. Every little bit helps.

Awesome race !!! Well worth my 4 hour drive.. It's been years since I seen that many grooves on one track.. Only criticism I might have is how they start race .. Needed more time to get up to speed.. I hope they have more than one race a year I will make ever show if they do

Great racing! Had a blast! Evert hinges was safe, and we had so much fun. Keep up the great work and let's get this thing going atleast once a month

big thanks to Tyler and Knight cuts. hats off to the people that ran the show last night and to all the flat head guys. that was the most fun I have had in awhile see u boys next time

Back