Holy Moses Cam

W5R

Is anyone currently using this cam? I have been thinking about getting one for the 2014 season, but am not sure yet. Iv been using a BSP3 for the most part of last season in my AKRA engines, but im curious about how the HM cam would perform compared to the BSP3 or a CL2 or other cams. Does anyone know what kind of specs it works best with, such as timing, pipe, ect..? I have the Holy Moses pipe and Holy Moses carb, just wondering if the cam would also be a good addition to the build. Also, what kind of profile does this cam have and where does it make the best power in the rpm range, is it more of a low end cam or top end, and what kind of RPM would it do the best at? Any imput would be great, thanks in advance.

Have two of the kits. Make sure you get the cam, lifters, and springs. Seems to have nice fat power curve with a good top end punch. Use the. 038 jet if you have still have it. It came with the hm carburetor. It is a good piece, dyno cams is grinding it for dover, it fell right in spec. Just watch lift.

Have two of the kits. Make sure you get the cam, lifters, and springs. Seems to have nice fat power curve with a good top end punch. Use the. 038 jet if you have still have it. It came with the hm carburetor. It is a good piece, dyno cams is grinding it for dover, it fell right in spec. Just watch lift.

BINGO >>> I couldn't have added anything to that response...
Now where do I send the Check.. :)
Thanks Woffer

The cam is best suited to a momentium track.. As said it have very good mid range and top end... Even though we normally turn our engines in the 6300-6500 range we are getting reports of 6700-6800 and still pulling...

Thanks guys, that is exactly the info i was looking for. Will be in touch soon to order a couple of these, Jerry

BINGO >>> I couldn't have added anything to that response...
Now where do I send the Check.. :)
Thanks Woffer

The cam is best suited to a momentium track.. As said it have very good mid range and top end... Even though we normally turn our engines in the 6300-6500 range we are getting reports of 6700-6800 and still pulling...

What is the difference in the lifters from the stock lifters, i thought AKRA rules calls for stock lifters only, i can understand why you would want the springs with this cam, but not the lifters. I already use the Red springs, and have been for a few months, i really like them. They definately keep their pressure longer without having to change springs every 2 or 3 races, which is a big plus

What is the difference in the lifters from the stock lifters, i thought AKRA rules calls for stock lifters only, i can understand why you would want the springs with this cam, but not the lifters. I already use the Red springs, and have been for a few months, i really like them. They definately keep their pressure longer without having to change springs every 2 or 3 races, which is a big plus

Weight check lifters 18 grams

been playing with 28 to 32. will wait until I get on the track some more to set final timing. When I built Cup motors I always shied away from to much timing sometimes/lot of times, hurts more than it helps. Like Jerry hinted at, you do not have to twist the heck out of a motor to win races. Just don't follow the rpm hype. Lifters are Yamamoto lifters nice pieces also. Use the steel billet flywheel "try it you will like it".

Jerry I used to grind cams for the Cup teams I worked for, got to the point where i could tell which machine a cam was ground on by it's actual readings on the cam pro or the spintron. that's how I figured the cam grinder. Your cam IS really a good piece, and no payment is necessary. :),:)

Last edited:
I looked on the doverpoweronline page, but couldn't find the specs on the HM cam....can someone tell me what they are please?

I'm also interested. I see it is for larger,momentum tracks. From viewing the above post that makes good power in the upper rpm range. My question is, is the cam like the CL 1 cam, but with the timing retarded so to move the power band in the upper rpm band and if this is the case how would it affect a heavier adult driver on starts of a race?

goin to be needing the new holy moses billet rod soon..................rpm keeps going up and up with all the holy moses stuff............carb now cam then be needing the rod...........or else lots of block windows.

goin to be needing the new holy moses billet rod soon..................rpm keeps going up and up with all the holy moses stuff............carb now cam then be needing the rod...........or else lots of block windows.

How many blocks have you seen vented when they were actually serviced properly? AKA stock rods replaced when engine is rebuilt, and not turned at 7000rpms? I have yet to see a single stock class engine with a hole in the block due to the stock rod, not even one that wasnt cared for properly. From what iv seen, they gall to the crank or seize up before they throw the rod thru the block.

Back