Holy Moses Cam

I personally look at the hp and torque curve and base it off what I need for the customers racetrack. On a big momentum track, I've had quite a few engines that will make less of a peak hp but carry very well past 6500. So it can be down .2 hp at 6000 but up .5 hp at 6500. I'd rather have that any day. It's more "usable" hp. Now on a short track where your off the gas you need that peak hp a little lower.

Jerry's HMC-14 cam kit is great for a momentum track.

all i want out of life is a good woman (check that off my list!), a pocket full of money (still working on that one), a brand new kart (maybe one day when the pocket gets full of money) and a engine that is a fire breathin, tire fryin, kart eatin, first place finishin, monster that will crush the competition.....and i'm working on that one right now!!

(or at least i hope!)

cam twisting does allow you to change the lsa "lobe separation angle" which allows you to change overlap ect. Technically you can match the cam to the breathing abilities to the engine system i.e. ports, valves, carb, and exhaust pipe. I personally screwed up more by twisting clone cams than helped. Not quite as easy to twist as the old flat heads. Getting there. You can bet your bottom dollar that the very top flight motors racing in the 10k to win races have cams in them that have been twisted, filed, polished, and otherwise worked over. Cam grinders out there will make ANYTHING you want...both good and bad. If you twist a clone cam be sure to check it for straightness after you are done. Small lathe, brass punch and small 2 lb hammer helps a lot. Having flathead nightmares, next will be "slapper" cams. Thankfully those type of cams dont like ohv valve trains. Maybe???.........:0

Back