Honda CR250R setup

Hullracing17

I'm looking into building a UAS kart using a CR250. Could someone direct me in the right way of installing and converting it to work for my needs? Motor mount, pipe, etc.. also any related motor work that would help out. Thanks!

You need to get ahold of Taft Racing here on bobs. He is the man when it comes to mx motors on karts. He should be able to tell you everything you need to know.

I think Taft Racing would be your guy to talk to. I myself want to take a yz250 or cr250 and do the same. Good thread to start imho!

Word is Buller is building a billet block YZ250.
He will likely be building a purpose built pipe for it as well.
Mike

Word is Buller is building a billet block YZ250.
He will likely be building a purpose built pipe for it as well.
Mike

Let Kermit know, the 99-02 (and possibly more years) of the YZ 250 are identical to the 92-01 CR 250. They literally will interchange cylinders. The only difference is in crank seal bore dimensions, same bore same stroke same bolt pattern same base gaskets. I understand that Eddie Sanders also makes a cylinder for both the 92-01 CR 250 and the interchangeable YZ 250. And then add to that the 05 and 06 RM 250 is another cylinder that will bolt right on. again same bore stroke bolt pattern base gasket.

Man thats really good info! I was always a 4stroke guy. Had one real good smoker (yz80) My last quad was a 06 yfz450. Taft, do you have a website? I looked sunday and couldn't find one just a fb page.

Man thats really good info! I was always a 4stroke guy. Had one real good smoker (yz80) My last quad was a 06 yfz450. Taft, do you have a website? I looked sunday and couldn't find one just a fb page.

Just a facebook, "Taft Racing" make sure you surf around you can see the entire casting process as primitive as it is LOL. I'm only one guy in a little 1 car garage. My pc skills are limited. I also have made some add on casting blanks to my cylinder inducted case. We'll have a rotary valve 250 kit available very soon. The CR 450 is also about to become a reality. Very very exciting year to come. Kermit will no doubt add tremendously to this MX conversion market. Can't wait to see his stuff.

The key, to me, is having another pipe designed for our racing.
Mike

I agree Mike, I've been playing with the rpm, Most all the QRC pipes make huge HP but shut off at 9,000 I've dropped the HP some but pull over 11,500 Still trying a bunch of changes.

Back