Hopping coming out of turns?

W Lindsey

I'm running on asphalt and coming out of the turns the cart wants to hop. Where would you start to correct this?
Thanks'
Wes

It could also be to soft a tire or to wide a of a set up. Try a harder compound and if the hop is in back narrow the axel just a little.

Champ kart? A few things can cause a hop. I've even developed a hop on old tires and it went away with new ones. This was on vegas. Otherwise more left. You already have plenty of air depending on what tire you are on. Most tires run less. 8/10 is plenty with a vega, even on a champ. Burris will run closer to what you have now

dirt karts hop too. For a lot of the same reasons.
Finding the cure is the tricky part.
Sub title says "general oval"

That question cannot be answered without you providing more information. First of all, is it a champ kart or a flat kart? What year and make of chassis? Providing this info will allow for much more accurate answers. Also any more info you can add to it will also help, such as what stagger, type of tire, etc. If you ask general questions you will receive general answers. Their are 100's of possible correct answers to what left and what cross to run without knowing exactly what your situation is.

I'll try to get her on the scales this weekend and I'll post what I come up with as well as tire data. Maybe in the process something will jump out at me.
Thanks to everyone for the input so far.

I was running 12 psi RR, 10 LR, 13 RF & 9 LF. Do you suggest I go to say 15 RR and 12 LR?
not knowing your setup numbers id start with a more balanced air pressure 10psi left side an 12psi right side and if that dont help add some left side weight an or move rr out 1/8 to 1/4 inch just my opinion tho

Back