Hopping coming out of turns?

OK Im going to try this. We had the same issue this weekend. We were racing on a dirt oval with calcium. 2014 F1 Impulse and had the same issue on a 2009 Umax both champ karts. Im sure it was set up.
F 46.5%
L 57%
X 54%
overall weight 345#
Castor LF 6 RF 10
Camber LF +3/8 RF -3 1/4
Toe LF 0 RF 1/16 out
Stagger F 1 1/2 R 1 1/8
Tires were cut Maxxis, virgin inside with 5 wipes on the outside about .045 rubber
Air Right side 9.2 Left side 8.5

Ideas????

OK Im going to try this. We had the same issue this weekend. We were racing on a dirt oval with calcium. 2014 F1 Impulse and had the same issue on a 2009 Umax both champ karts. Im sure it was set up.
F 46.5%
L 57%
X 54%
overall weight 345#
Castor LF 6 RF 10
Camber LF +3/8 RF -3 1/4
Toe LF 0 RF 1/16 out
Stagger F 1 1/2 R 1 1/8
Tires were cut Maxxis, virgin inside with 5 wipes on the outside about .045 rubber
Air Right side 9.2 Left side 8.5

Ideas????

Tony, did it get better as night came?

No Earl it got worse. The only way she could make it better was run the topside of the groove getting her right sided almost in the dust. This would alow the kart to free up some but that wasnt a fix. You could watch the kart bounce from the RF to the LR from center out. We had no issues with the Jr Sportsman champ it rocked but adult champ is going to be a learning curve I can see.

I just fixed this problem by going to high cross set-up. had the same left side wt. 57%. just go from 54% cross to 61-62% cross and from 57% to 58% LS. Wt. this should free your chassis up for you. Sounds like you are transffering all your wt. on your RR. tire like we were doing.? Good luck..

I have this problem with my 04 Buller velocity... I moved the RR out 3/4" and added 2PSI to both rear tires and it hopped like a basketball still. The velocity has a split in the chassis in the rear instead of a torsion bar. Think I need to clamp this to stiffen the chassis? Im running with 60 cross, `57%left, +0.5 and -2.5 camber, 0 and 1/16 toe out. I dont know what changes to make since going up in pressure and moving the RR out didnt work but I had WAY too much bight in the rear! Any advice is appreciated!!!

Back