hortsman 5x

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
someone, i think shannon halbert had these baskets made for the hortsman 5x Some of the parts are getting hard to find. anyone out there know where to get baskets like this, bully capable.
can anyone comment on the availability of gears for the OEM square basket? looking for 11's and 12's. Its a great little clutch. hate to toss it out.

Attachments

• IMG_6586.jpg
    IMG_6586.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 34
We had a run made, but don't have any more of them. With friction discs being unavailable now, I can't warrant making 25 more of them. The square drive sprockets haven't been made in a long time either and are getting harder to find. www.tbrwins.com has them last I checked and they were priced pretty well. I have all the other parts for the X5, just no discs or drivers/conversions

-Shanno

We had a run made, but don't have any more of them. With friction discs being unavailable now, I can't warrant making 25 more of them. The square drive sprockets haven't been made in a long time either and are getting harder to find. www.tbrwins.com has them last I checked and they were priced pretty well. I have all the other parts for the X5, just no discs or drivers/conversions

-Shanno
yep, tbr is where i got my last bunch of parts.... i guess use them till their junk then in the scrap pile

The part that goes in the bell/drum .
Most are a simi oval shape .
Bully is smal pattern .
Hortsman is large pattern .
with the x5 being a square variation , kinda one off.
Though there are others .

If you have a pic ill dig around see what I have. Night a guy out several months back and have some hortsman clutches, drivers, parts etc

Call Welch Performance karting he has lots of NOS parts. he showed me a bunch of old horstman rods still in the boxes one day.

That looks like a Tomar TD 43.

That should use bully style drivers.

The Horstman drivers for the X5 fit a square hole in the drum.
The X5 has only 5 levers.

Last edited:
Back