How many clone manufacturers are out there these days?

mike00b

I'm curious how many different engines are imported from manufacturers for our sport.

I've heard of Lifan, Dupor, Ducar, and Greyhounds.

I have 9 Greyhounds, 1 yellow (dunno who that's from), and just ordered a block from ARC (also, dunno who that's from)...

Mike

I'm curious how many different engines are imported from manufacturers for our sport.

I've heard of Lifan, Dupor, Ducar, and Greyhounds.

I have 9 Greyhounds, 1 yellow (dunno who that's from), and just ordered a block from ARC (also, dunno who that's from)...

Mike
The block from ARC will be one of Jimmy's Box Stock Project engines

Box Stock Project, Inc. is an importer for BSP race engines.
www.boxstockproject.com
thanks
Jimmy Sims bsp

Yes you are. Was wondering how many manufacturers they are being imported for us. I'm reading about red, blue, black, yellow, and green. Also some are better quality than others, which makes me think that there's more than two manufacturers.

You will never know what comes in the box until you open the container and take a random sample, and you won't be guaranteed that the entire shipment is the same.

Remember when Japan used to = cheap. Now Japan = luxury and quality.

Remember when Taiwan used to = knock off. Now Taiwan = high tech.

Remember when China used to = junk. Stay tuned... Their stuff gets better and better every 3 months.

Its just a matter of time...

Remember when China used to = junk. Stay tuned... Their stuff gets better and better every 3 months.

"I Do" and I often wonder how our younger generations see our past and look too the future! Is/was it 'Greed', or 'Good Business'? Look at US...Now.

Holy shnikes! There's a whole bunch! I praise those who took the time to sort through all them to find a supplier that gives us a reasonably decent block to build on!

Many of those are suppliers and/or assemblers, some of these engine come out of shops no better than Billy Bobs garage. Mind you some come from High Tech manufacturers but others are pretty crude backyard assembly shops.

Many of those are suppliers and/or assemblers, some of these engine come out of shops no better than Billy Bobs garage. Mind you some come from High Tech manufacturers but others are pretty crude backyard assembly shops.
There-ya-go! That's why the 'Arrow' was up-side, down!! :)

This is why buying your engine from importers like the Box Stock Project ensure the engine you get came from an actual factory, not a back yard business. Jimmy has spent the money and done the research to find the factories that can deliver a engine worth having that builds "close" to the specs he pays for...

This is why buying your engine from importers like the Box Stock Project ensure the engine you get came from an actual factory, not a back yard business. Jimmy has spent the money and done the research to find the factories that can deliver a engine worth having that builds "close" to the specs he pays for...
"BSP" needs a HEMI...:)

Remember too that with quality comes price. The Japanese have gone thru this in my lifetime. In the 60's most of their products were terrible. Now they are very high quality. Now the Chinese products are very suspect. When the wages increase in China where the workers make a decent living, the price of the products will go up accordingly. Labor paid to workers is the major cost of products such as the Cloner engines.

"Better and better every 3 months"? I don't know about that. It seems the quality of their engines has been suspect for years now. Until the US population realizes that you actually do have to Work for a living, not sit at home and collect Unemployment Insurance because you can make more doing that than working, the US will be sliding into a second world country. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen in my lifetime.

JMO

Dave E.

Remember too that with quality comes price. The Japanese have gone thru this in my lifetime. In the 60's most of their products were terrible. Now they are very high quality. Now the Chinese products are very suspect. When the wages increase in China where the workers make a decent living, the price of the products will go up accordingly. Labor paid to workers is the major cost of products such as the Cloner engines.

"Better and better every 3 months"? I don't know about that. It seems the quality of their engines has been suspect for years now. Until the US population realizes that you actually do have to Work for a living, not sit at home and collect Unemployment Insurance because you can make more doing that than working, the US will be sliding into a second world country. I sincerely hope this doesn't happen in my lifetime.

JMO

Dave E.
I agree Dave....Give the current state of affairs and the Obama Administration agenda the continued opportunity and in another 10yrs (or less) the tide will turn and those countries will be purchasing 'our' cheap 'labor'! But...let's not 'go-there'! (Go too the Poll's)!!

This is not to offend, it is a simplified look at industrial prosperity.

One of the conditions of the surrender with Japan at the end of WW2 was they would severely cut back on defense spending and the US of A would defend them. Now just imagine what could be done with the defense dollars that are being spent, Japan had the opportunity to rebuild and prosper. Look at S Korea Hyundia sold 200,000 automobiles in it's first 12 months in the US market, GM imports a Korean car Deawoo and it is a complete failure. The trade imbalance is seriously twisted, most Asian countries will not import finished goods from the west, but they will import raw goods. Ex. lumber, most of our hardwood flooring comes from Asia now, they will not import plywood, but they import lumber and export plywood check HD, or Lowes. North America wants cheap goods but does not want to work to produce them.

Back