How you all dealing the weather?

I understand that Al Gore is making millions telling people how bad the global warming is getting.
How does it go; you can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, and that’s enough to maker a good living.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

I believe Mr. Gore may subscribe to the P.T. Barnum addage, along with the purveyors of the pet rock craze of the '70s. When you can count on the mainstream media to multiply your artificial hype, you've got a pretty good thing going.

woke up to -5 here at the house yesterday,feed the wood stove all day long,high yesterday was 16 amd still got 8 in 0f snow and ice,we aint use to that stuff

This Is What I Woke Up To

This is what I woke up to this morning, just hoping the power lines and poles hold up !:p

Attachments

• 100_5653.jpg
    100_5653.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 31
They were calling for flurries here today with a chance of freezing rain tonight. Well we have about 6 inches of snow already and it's still coming down heavy.

Any one consider wireing an extra electrical plug off the furnace to be able to plug into the generator to run the blower In case of power outage? My friends dad did this years ago but don't know if he ever had to use it or not.

Any one consider wireing an extra electrical plug off the furnace to be able to plug into the generator to run the blower In case of power outage? My friends dad did this years ago but don't know if he ever had to use it or not.

If its a gas furnace you can wire it up to have heat, its just 110 volts. Need to have a long cord from generator that will go into the house to run it. I did this at my parents house out in the country and they have propane for heat.

well, tomorrow we can look forward to partly sunny and a high of 1* here in Minnesota according to weather underground.
We got some snow here too but around here anything less than a foot isn't noteworthy

as I understand it you can wire your generator into a dryer plug. unplug your dryer, plug in your 220 gererator and power your whole house. just be sure to shut off your main first !

as I understand it you can wire your generator into a dryer plug. unplug your dryer, plug in your 220 gererator and power your whole house. just be sure to shut off your main first !

Thats what I do when Florida storms take out the power. I did run an extra range plug outdoors though. You know, to plug in that flea market stove to bake powder coating. :)

Back