I don't think I want Verizon

Renegade

My daughter and a couple other friends have Verizon and when they send me texts I get them 1 to 5 days later. Just had 4 new texts hit my phone at the same time, all of them from Verizon phones and sent last Saturday.

atwoodracing20

Dew Dawg
My Verizon texts are pretty good, but some voice messages come in a couple days later...

bcobbler77

I have Verizon and have never had problems with texts.. voice mails occasionally are a day late. I drove straight thru sc on 85 and had 4g service the whole way.

Prellracer74

At different points in time, I've used Verizon, Sprint/Nextel, AT&T, TMobile, and Net 10. Of all of these, Verizon was the one I had the least trouble with. I will be going back to them soon.

PrimeTime

I've had Verizon for the last 11 years and never had any troubles sending or receiving text messages.
I've been a verizon customer since cell phones became available and have not experienced any issues.

Maybe it has something to do with your coverage area or your phone itself...

S&MRacing

I switch to Verizon from AT&T and have been much happier . Something has to be wrong with her/your phone. Equipment on the towers is about the same minus the voice antennas now a days...Metal buildings could be a cause

davea7

Do any of you remember the Cellular One bag phones? That's what I had as my first mobile phone in the mid 90's.

PrimeTime

Yes, a friend of mine had one of the first bag phones, not sure who the carrier was at the time. But it was a big deal to have one...

rainman

Premium User
Verizon is expensive, but IMO best service. Worst Sprint. I have used both and others. At my current location only Verizon works, and I have 4g while most providers don´t even have service. Other than that anytime I had an issue and called they solved my problem within minutes, just the opposite with Sprint. In 3 of the locations I have lived Sprint will always have to go on roaming and then they tried to blame it on me when they didn´t even have service. Very poor customer service too. If I can pay it I will stay with Verizon.

jg299c

Bennie, they're probably working on or updating the cell towers in your area. I had the same problem last month when they were working on the towers in my area, lasted about a week.

91stealthrt2

I've been with verizon for almost 12 years, have great coverage here in the pacific NW and rarely ever have had an issue. I have had delayed texts from a co-worker who is non verizon and he's the only person that I have had this issue so I'm going to assume it's a glitch with his or between the carriers.

Rusty

Mod180

I had one of the old bag phones from cellular one i think it was like a dollar a min to use the thing. In my area Verizon is about the onlu one that has good coverage. I still had my service and internet during the ice storm a few years back,was rocking a generator for three weeks though.

speedyracing11

Do any of you remember the Cellular One bag phones? That's what I had as my first mobile phone in the mid 90's.
I had one of the first ones also.It was like carrying a motorcycle battery on your shoulder.If that ain't bad the price I paid for it was 1,800 used.
Just before they came out we had a 2 way Motorola with a key pad on them so you can make calls.You talk about expensive phone bills 3-400 a month easy.

Flathead8

straight talk has been suprisingly good with their service and they're pretty cheap too, just not paying for the big cell phone names. buuuutttt I still have AT&T....lol

Mars0

I googled it because it happened to me after I got a new phone and work tried to call - sometimes the 4G service has problems. If I had to do it again - regular cell phone and an I-pad.