I Just Acquired A Clements Engine

Looks like it has never been ran. Not positive why I started this Thread but, man does this thing look awesome!

Oh yeah, one question........the Camshaft Lobes are COMPLETELY different. Does anyone here know why that would be? The one Lobe is a regular pointed design, where the other Lobe has a huge Duration.

Weird, that it has that Screw on top of the Sump Cover. Screws into nothing.

Attachments

• Clements 1.jpg
    Clements 1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Clements 2.jpg
    Clements 2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 207
Tis a nice motor and it's been around. Clements made many flathead parts for Tecumseh and briggs. One of his cams has roller bearings on the lobes and it was never allowed in races but very cool.
Raptors didn't not come factory with the top center sump bolt, only the blockzilla did.

Tis a nice motor and it's been around. Clements made many flathead parts for Tecumseh and briggs. One of his cams has roller bearings on the lobes and it was never allowed in races but very cool.
Raptors didn't not come factory with the top center sump bolt, only the blockzilla did.
I see. Thanks.

Can you take a picture of the inside of the motor? Thats weird they arnt welded. on most mild builds there are welded that I have seen. I am suprised they arnt.

I always thought a raptor 4 block didn't need the lifter block welded, Until it did!!!!! Exhaust lifter broke completely out. hit the rod and the rest is history. And naturally it was one of the blocks that I had spent the most time and money on.

when you get into bigger cams like the open and mod cams the lifters are longer at 1.700 and that keeps the radius of the lifter from being slapped against the lifters bores like it does with a slapper style cam. The valve train is much more controlled and runs as a normal valve train should. Control and resistance on the way up and back

Last edited:
You can also cut a bigger chamfer on the bottom of the lifter bore/guide for radius relief that you can’t in a true stocker style engine that breaks them.

Back