Is it to late to start 🤔

i just wanted to share my story here on this subject.. so I started racing shortly after I got married in 97 shortly after that in 99 baby otw . “ so it was to late for me “ lol I had grow up fast I’m thinking I’m probably 21-22 maybe timeline is a little fuzzy lol.. 18 years later I’m ready to send my boy off to college .. everything was picture perfect .. all of sudden he made a few wrong turns our life was flipped upside down !! Moms idea was let’s get back into racing 💡and that we did .. 1-2 years later he’s back in school on the brink of graduation and 3 weeks ago he told me racing saved his life good luck and have fun .. see u at the races
😃

i just wanted to share my story here on this subject.. so I started racing shortly after I got married in 97 shortly after that in 99 baby otw . “ so it was to late for me “ lol I had grow up fast I’m thinking I’m probably 21-22 maybe timeline is a little fuzzy lol.. 18 years later I’m ready to send my boy off to college .. everything was picture perfect .. all of sudden he made a few wrong turns our life was flipped upside down !! Moms idea was let’s get back into racing 💡and that we did .. 1-2 years later he’s back in school on the brink of graduation and 3 weeks ago he told me racing saved his life good luck and have fun .. see u at the races
😃
Thanks for sharing @Phantomforever Doing what you love can set the heart right. I'll be bold here and proclaim that Jesus saves. Kart racing is fun but it can't save me or anyone from the God's righteous wrap against sinners.

Glad you boy is doing well and will be praying. If you want to PM me I'll pray for him by name daily. I've got a direct line :)

Soli Deo Gloria,

-Neal

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards Ultramax Chuck Dill has been in business years and I'm originally from Greenville where they build them . But I'm still searching I want something proven with parts available. Looking for a engine guy now
If you live in Greenville, SC I recommend you to get an Ultramax or a Millenium, both from the area and both great chassis with great customer service. I have raced both and still race Milleniums. For engines Millenium / Hi Tech is also one of the best nationwide. I live in Greenville too. If you need help I'll be glad to help you with anything, including scaling or setting up your chassis and could even help at some race. I have been racing karts for like 30 years.

Thanks for sharing @Phantomforever Doing what you love can set the heart right. I'll be bold here and proclaim that Jesus saves. Kart racing is fun but it can't save me or anyone from the God's righteous wrap against sinners.

Glad you boy is doing well and will be praying. If you want to PM me I'll pray for him by name daily. I've got a direct line :)

Soli Deo Gloria,

-Neal
Dear Neal . So I’ve pondered on this post all day trying to come up with a reply .. the original post wast about a father asking if it was too late for him and son to Start racing his boy is 14 and already knows upper 20’s will be spent in a blink of and eye. .. I’m having a hard time finishing what I wanna say about what u said .. I’m just gonna stop here bc I know where my family’s faith is !! If u want to pray for kart racers on Saturday mornings those young / older / women/ men need it . It’s a dangerous sport

Dear Neal . So I’ve pondered on this post all day trying to come up with a reply .. the original post wast about a father asking if it was too late for him and son to Start racing his boy is 14 and already knows upper 20’s will be spent in a blink of and eye. .. I’m having a hard time finishing what I wanna say about what u said .. I’m just gonna stop here bc I know where my family’s faith is !! If u want to pray for kart racers on Saturday mornings those young / older / women/ men need it . It’s a dangerous sport
Hey brother- thanks for the reply!! Sometimes words written in a forum can’t express the heart properly. Please know that if I could put it in a fewer words I’d say karting is wonderful but what we have in Jesus is more abundant and wonderful than anything I could want for my son in life or in karting. I’m not too proud to apologize and I sincerely do apologize if this consumed your thoughts. I’m not questioning anyones faith. God knows. I meant it in loving and deeply caring way… and when I say I’ll pray, I will!

I lost my way in my early 20s. I rejected Gods love. I looked to everyone and everything but God to save me: career success, racing, anything. I’d even say God saved me against my own will by his irresistible grace 😊

I’m confident in the Lord he is at work in your sons life and in the lives of young racers. Again please feel free to reach out via private message. I don’t want to highjack any threads.

-Neal

Hey brother- thanks for the reply!! Sometimes words written in a forum can’t express the heart properly. Please know that if I could put it in a fewer words I’d say karting is wonderful but what we have in Jesus is more abundant and wonderful than anything I could want for my son in life or in karting. I’m not too proud to apologize and I sincerely do apologize if this consumed your thoughts. I’m not questioning anyones faith. God knows. I meant it in loving and deeply caring way… and when I say I’ll pray, I will!

I lost my way in my early 20s. I rejected Gods love. I looked to everyone and everything but God to save me: career success, racing, anything. I’d even say God saved me against my own will by his irresistible grace 😊

I’m confident in the Lord he is at work in your sons life and in the lives of young racers. Again please feel free to reach out via private message. I don’t want to highjack any threads.

-Ne

If you live in Greenville, SC I recommend you to get an Ultramax or a Millenium, both from the area and both great chassis with great customer service. I have raced both and still race Milleniums. For engines Millenium / Hi Tech is also one of the best nationwide. I live in Greenville too. If you need help I'll be glad to help you with anything, including scaling or setting up your chassis and could even help at some race. I have been racing karts for like 30 years.

Last edited:
Just be ready to learn and finish in the back for awhile, the Jr3 class is SUPER Competitive at least down here in GA and FL anyway. We see some new kids get into the sport and because of age they are stuck in Jr3, those kids at that age are relentless and take it easy on no one.

I honestly feel there needs to be a new class started for 13-16 year olds that are new to the sport but don't want to jump right into Jr3 or the adult pro classes as their only option. Its dangerous for one and often ends up causing the new karter to quite because they aren't ready for that level of competition.

Soli Deo Gloria,

-Neal
So I heard a song on the radio today it says a lot about we don’t talk about politics religion and her .. I don’t have time to google the song or artist.. but it made me come back to this again .. so her started the downward spiral in his life I’m glad u concerned about him .. but the point I was only trying to make was it’s never to late to believe in your child bc if they see u give up so will they .. So our decision to get back into racing and bring our family back together on a weekly basis was a no brainer even knowing we probably about to spend our 2nd home /vacation home money etc .. the strides he’s made in the last 1-3 years bc his new found love for racing is priceless to me and his mother .. racing is different you can go out and buy a side by side a boat etc a few years later if u tired of looking at it put a price on it and will get Most of your money back .. in racing all you got is a beat up kart and wore out tires lol but we love it and will continue race on ..

Back