ISO Black VanK Wheels

Dude. I need one set. And you some and big teams are getting them by the truck load. Shortage or not, teams are getting wheels and tires and I'm getting hosed. Have fun hooking your friends up, but when they're the only ones left in the sport, its you, that's going to be butt hurt and looking stupid.
Shoot if it's that big of a deal I will sell you my used wheels for as much as a new set if you have that attitude. Then you can have ur wheels and stop making a big deal about it. There is not a single BIG team on bobs.

You'll make it real far in the sport with that attitude.

And for your reference, I am the last thing from a big team, although you may be right with the ******* part 🙃.

For what it's worth, I've never bought a new rim in my life 👌
The fast guys at my home track have new and used wheels, about 10 sets on average. Guess not having new wheels makes you a "racer".

10 sets and 2 karts is a big team compared to my one set of Hoosiers and one engine all season.

I can't go ANYWHERE without Burris (regardless of my attitude)....and for the love of God, I have used stuff. Can you read MO Predator?

The fast guys at my home track have new and used wheels, about 10 sets on average. Guess not having new wheels makes you a "racer".

10 sets and 2 karts is a big team compared to my one set of Hoosiers and one engine all season.

I can't go ANYWHERE without Burris (regardless of my attitude)....and for the love of God, I have used stuff. Can you read MO Predator?
Yes I can read. I have bought one set of new wheels and the rest are used. You said u have all used stuff so I don’t know why you couldn’t have just gotten used wheels. Everyone on here knows about all the shortages and waiting list’s on trying to buy a new set of wheels. You should have called the company to see if there were wheels available before you placed and order because if you would have then you would have been informed that you weren’t gonna get your new wheels anytime soon

Yes I can read. I have bought one set of new wheels and the rest are used. You said u have all used stuff so I don’t know why you couldn’t have just gotten used wheels. Everyone on here knows about all the shortages and waiting list’s on trying to buy a new set of wheels. You should have called the company to see if there were wheels available before you placed and order because if you would have then you would have been informed that you weren’t gonna get your new wheels anytime soon
I appreciate your kind reply. I started out 2021 with a Burris shortage, bought new Hoosiers (its what's available) and had to dismount and mount used wheels. I have used wheels, but I'm learning about prep and the proper tools needed to dismount a tire that's been pretty much melted to the wheel. Its been a nightmare but my local track switched to Burris only and we wanted to race. I feel like I got ripped off on some wore slap out wheels and tires but they were Burris baby and I didnt have to mount them. I bought brand new wheels and tires mainly because they were going to come professionally mounted and being our first year I don't have $300 for all the proper tools. We ran on junk Burris and still had fun and went fast, but we wanted new stuff to see the big difference, now we are a season in and still have major shortages, its just all been extremely disappointing and really tough to move forward. Now our local track is shutting down, which creates headaches for 2022 and its still 2021. I just want my wheels and man do I pity new drivers. (Bad attitude aside)

I appreciate your kind reply. I started out 2021 with a Burris shortage, bought new Hoosiers (its what's available) and had to dismount and mount used wheels. I have used wheels, but I'm learning about prep and the proper tools needed to dismount a tire that's been pretty much melted to the wheel. Its been a nightmare but my local track switched to Burris only and we wanted to race. I feel like I got ripped off on some wore slap out wheels and tires but they were Burris baby and I didnt have to mount them. I bought brand new wheels and tires mainly because they were going to come professionally mounted and being our first year I don't have $300 for all the proper tools. We ran on junk Burris and still had fun and went fast, but we wanted new stuff to see the big difference, now we are a season in and still have major shortages, its just all been extremely disappointing and really tough to move forward. Now our local track is shutting down, which creates headaches for 2022 and its still 2021. I just want my wheels and man do I pity new drivers. (Bad attitude aside)
we were new in 2018. Luckily we came in when everything we needed was a phone call away. Unfortunately your timing joining the sport was horrible unbenounced to you. Its easy to get frustrated in the sport, but it does no good. Stay the course, stay committed. Maybe get your $ refunded if possible? As long as your kiddo is having fun who cares. Best of luck to you

Dude. I need one set. And some and big teams are getting them by the truck load. Shortage or not, teams are getting wheels and tires and I'm getting hosed. Have fun hooking your friends up, but when they're the only ones left in the sport, its you, that's going to be butt hurt and looking stupid.

Attachments

• E6EA3304-DC28-4379-A2D2-89C2FB8D4A5E.jpeg
    E6EA3304-DC28-4379-A2D2-89C2FB8D4A5E.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 51
Van K is making wheels as fast as they can. right now there is a rotation of who they supply too. once palmettos order is filled they move to the next order and so on Palmetto won't get wheels until everyone in the rotation gets theirs. once they are stocked everyone buys in a big hurry palmetto has a 3 per customer rule big teams can't order any more than you and I. there has been a shortage for a long time it sucks but i would rather wait for van K than buy a Chinese wheel (people are looking into it).

I looked at TRJ pricing for pre order wheels NO THANKS. get your name on the palmetto notification or call around i was able to score wheels through High Tech, Jimmy Rivers etc. you'll get some sooner or later. and the newer wheels are better than the ones from a few months back too.

Maybe wheel companies should take all our beer cans for a discount on a new set of wheels... lmao. I have never bought new wheels or tires for the fact you can win on older tires as long as you know what you are doing. I have older Burris tires from before 2010 that are still competitive. I mount and dismount my own tires. Grind my own tires with an angle grinder still. You don't need 300 dollars worth of tools to do tires just be smart and work with what you have.

Thank you guys, Bobs never let's me down. I just put massive amounts of time into research and just felt like our program was way off, and the parts deal just made it all much worse. It felt nearly impossible to be new. I plan to keep learning and maybe even find a way to make it easier for the next guy. Im a huge advocate (when I'm not mad at the world) and see that negativity isn't the answer. Hopefully this helps the OP as well with their search. Can't thank you guys enough for the kindness.

I retract what I said about TRJ and VanK, I don't know enough and i'm confident there is someone who shares my same "passion" for answers, who does know enough

Last thing, we bought my sons kart 7 years ago, he's 9 now, and this was our first year. I used all my patience those 7 years of taking him out to the kart and begging him to reach the pedals

I was going to buy some more patience, but it is also on backorder.

You'll make it real far in the sport with that attitude.

And for your reference, I am the last thing from a big team, although you may be right with the ******* part 🙃.

For what it's worth, I've never bought a new rim in my life 👌
Ive not bought new wheels either and we have 3 karts. Until this year we havent had new tires either but we have bought good used tires and learned how to work on them and make them perfectly usable and fast. One of the reasons why we don't have all new stuff is because we bought the things needed to work on tires - resurfacing equipment, preps, tire changing tools etc. If you dont have the things necessary to do tire work those new tires will not do you much good. A kart doesnt know the difference between a new and used wheel unless its been bent. I do understand your frustration but you might consider buying good used stuff and the tooling youll be needing to kart race.

Back