its a darn shame!

i mentioned sandbagging once at a kart track and got told to mind my own business...that the promoter was trying to make sure that he got the kart count....so he advertised that he had 100 karts racing! of course what he didn't say was that he ran about 10 classes based on weight and in reality he had about 15 karts running in almost every class...but he didn't want to hear about racers sandbagging....it was normal and expected as he told me...and if they sandbagged, then maybe you needed to step up your game and challenge them. these were also the track favorites...oops....he said he didn't have any favorites, but he sure used the old pick and choose who he teched and for some reason, it was never the ones suspected fo sandbagging....

Yeah, it was a different era all right. One of the reasons we had RWYB was back then 2-cycles were more common but there were dozens of different models... plus various stages of modifications.

The sandbagging rules worked pretty good. Sure there were complaints of cheating but this system pretty much kept it to the top class, or the kids' class (kids ran separately from adults). As far as track favoritism - that's a good way to kill off your track.

Back