its a darn shame!

Years ago, a speed shop we had also ran the local stock car track, and one of the guys said i should race late models at the stock car track. At the time i told him yes, i could afford to run the car for the same as running the kart. (including travel and such) but what i told him and the truth is, Cars take a LOT more tools and equipment than karts. More people too. But the kicker is, if i wrote off the entire kart engine tires etc id only be out 5 to 7 thousand dollars, couldnt replace a stock car for that price. Also, with the kart i had at the time i could run Any race Any track and have the best equipment possible. The same couldnt be said for the local late model which had rules written to keep racers at the local track.

Something to think about...

get with battlewagon on here...it's his kart that got bent...and gearing will propel the karts to speeds like that. it's a wide open track....before you say that you ain't never seen it...you need to come down and watch....and it's not just me that thinks the speeds are too fast...it's all the drivers. we want to keep racing there and to do it, we have to take safety into consideration. we race at WCS because we love it...the track treats everyone with respect and the calls are fair...we support the track and in turn, they support the karts...the wall is all the way around on the inside, but only on the front stretch on the outside...the back is a sweeping curve so you really get a run going into three....and with the banking, we are wide open at the drop of the green...

not arguing, but just because you haven't seen it don't mean that it can't happen...what to experience it? come on down! see for yourself, drive it yourself....and you'll find it the most exuberating experience ever!

I went down there a couple months back and its every thing Mikey 56 said it is and I thought my rotax 125 was fast. Hey Mikey when you are ready to put that sucker on a real kart let me know. might want to do it before yall slow them down. Just one time.

Red Rocket Racing

How in the world do you consider your post having anything to do with the original post?

Do you read much? Read the last part of his post he ask wth happend, Brian had a great answer and I was agreeing with him. I think my post was spot on topic unlike yours.

the econokarts, are pushing 70mph....the modified are running between 90 and 100 mph.
if you turned 10,000 RPM, and ran a 19/60 gear, you would be going 101.89 mph. Those engines are putting out a lot more horsepower than I thought!

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

if you turned 10,000 RPM, and ran a 19/60 gear, you would be going 101.89 mph. Those engines are putting out a lot more horsepower than I thought!

Guys always think they are going faster than they really are, disappointment comes when they find out how really fast they are going

When I'm asked how fast my kart goes (stock clone), I always say 70. I know it doesn't go that fast, but it sounds a lot more impressive! :)

we, battlewagon and I, used an online estimator using the wheel size, gearing and rpm to arrive at a reasonable guestimate on the miles per hour for the track. some of the mods regularly turn over 9K and I know for a fact that I was turning 8400 during the last feature...get with him on it...

as with a lot of things that I read on here, one says he turned 5900 in a stock predator motor and someone else will come on and say that you can't turn but 5100 in them. seems that for everyone that can do something, there will be someone else that either can't understand it or out right denies that it can be done.

so, with that being said....don't want to believe? fine. your choice. want to experience it yourself and see? bring em on! bring your best because your gonna need it.

new rules to slow the karts (even if it's only 10 mph) are being looked at for safety reasons. we are doing it to keep racers safe, not because we don't want to go fast.....

oh rocketman....a real kart? you mean my homemade crap shoot don't count? lol! running a 2001 millennium this year and loved it! prior to that I was on a 99 Banshee and is was a good chassis (still have it) ....nice and solid, but just not the adjustability that I wanted...

Use to when bobs came out I could get on here and find a good local race to go to and not break the bank doing it..and it would b packed with friends and racers..now its hard to find something under 100 miles and something that doesnt require you to morgage the house or accept off tge wall policies..different rules..and a lawyer to decifer all the small print and demands for you to b able to race.. wth has happened to our fun sat night karting sport??

If we only knew someone that had a nice track just sitting out by there house that we could run at with low entry fees and a good surface to run on... LOL

Use to when bobs came out I could get on here and find a good local race to go to and not break the bank doing it..and it would b packed with friends and racers..now its hard to find something under 100 miles and something that doesnt require you to morgage the house or accept off tge wall policies..different rules..and a lawyer to decifer all the small print and demands for you to b able to race...wth has happened to our fun sat night karting sport??

yes that happened here also. we started in a guys back yard and man it was fun....I live in bubba land and I figured it would be like this fo a long time. I was orginally from california and it took an arm and a leg to run anything there. I raced cars for 19 years there and it simply cost to much to race anymore and be compititive. we eventually moved to a bigger track here and thats when it started. I KNEW IF WE DIDN'T GET A WAY TO RACE TO HOLD THE MONEY DOWN IT WOULD GO AWAY. I tried to come in with engines that most any of us could afford but everytime I came up with something that was fast and cheap they would out law it....another problem here is when you win alot ahich I did they hate you and once they turn against you its no fun. ofcourse the karts got better and better and eventually it got out of hand.....it became no fun anymore. we tried to make rules to keep it down and it didn't work. Cheating...omg so much of it went on here and the traack owners would not do anything. eventually almost everyone lost interest....its so sad because when I polled people they told me that if the cost was down where they could afford it they would still be racing. It all became way to soghiscated and too much money to race. I have been thinking about making another track and doing it in such a way to keep the cost down and have fun again.

If you pick a tire that will last awhile, tire rules absolutely save the racers money. The track I race at regularly has mostly Maxxis EL classes. The kart counts are fairly high and you don't have to buy a ton of EL tires. I can't understand why so many racers don't like EL tires, or something similar that will last longer. I'm not saying they're as good as many other tire compounds, but does it really matter if everybody is on the same tire? I have a feeling people who are against EL tire rules haven't ran them a whole lot. It doesn't take tire knowledge out of the picture at all... just much of the cost. I know I'd think twice about continuing to race if the tire rule was changed and I had to buy 4 or 5 times as many tires as I do now to be competitive.

We live around the same area, race with the same rules and I just counted 4 tracks with in 1:45 mins of me that have races where the entry fee is $10-$35 and gate fee $10-$20. Around here karting is very healthy.

"It's run RWYB and you are grouped based on lap times. The only issues we have are sandbagging..."

That's what we did back in the 1970s. Worked pretty good. Sure some guys spent a lot of money... and they ended up running against the other guys who spent a lot of money. Meanwhile the low budget guys had their own races.

To combat sandbagging we used to run the classes slowest (first) to fastest (last). If you were caught sandbagging in your race you were black flagged and placed at the tail of the fastest class. That was enough of a disadvantage to end most of the sandbagging. Also, the faster classes had bigger purses so there was a financial incentive to run them if you could.

i mentioned sandbagging once at a kart track and got told to mind my own business...that the promoter was trying to make sure that he got the kart count....so he advertised that he had 100 karts racing! of course what he didn't say was that he ran about 10 classes based on weight and in reality he had about 15 karts running in almost every class...but he didn't want to hear about racers sandbagging....it was normal and expected as he told me...and if they sandbagged, then maybe you needed to step up your game and challenge them. these were also the track favorites...oops....he said he didn't have any favorites, but he sure used the old pick and choose who he teched and for some reason, it was never the ones suspected fo sandbagging....

Anybody who wins is always suspected of doing something wrong by those who do not. Conspiracy theory more often than not.

Anybody who wins is always suspected of doing something wrong by those who do not. Conspiracy theory more often than not.
so true so true. America loves a conspiracy. How many books, how many theories, how many conspiracies have there been about the killing of John F. Kennedy.

watching kart racing from the grassy knole....think anybody will see the smokin header?

most often than not, assumptions do make buttheads out of people....but then again there are those that will still say that it's a conspiracy and that no one would ever cheat for a win.....looking for ghosts and goblins around every corner...

Back