Junior wins pocono!!!!

I've never heard of anybody Hating him....it's just that he might be better at Rum-running....LOL If DP would have been faster, she could have 'sucked' the debire off Brad's 'Grill' and he wudn't have had too hit the brake pedal and let jr by. The 'Bum-Luck' Award had too be shared by Kane and Edwards thanks too Jr Busch...again! Larson up-there....Again!!

Jr's had his fair share of poor luck losses, glad to see him steal one actually. Was also very impressed by how both Brad and Dale handled their post-race interviews regarding one anothers situations. Very professional

Well.....he ain't very purty, and he sure ain't smart....BUT....he's winning races!!
Theresa should be proud! ;)

I was looking at the payout sheet. I know the NASCAR prize money structure is an entire other conversation. When the second place guy Harvick wins more than the first place guy Earnhart I wonder if NASCAR is even TRYING to look legitimate. I guess the reality is that it doesnt matter how much they win, the expenses far out weigh the winnings.....but come on, at least fake it.

I was looking at the payout sheet. I know the NASCAR prize money structure is an entire other conversation. When the second place guy Harvick wins more than the first place guy Earnhart I wonder if NASCAR is even TRYING to look legitimate. I guess the reality is that it doesnt matter how much they win, the expenses far out weigh the winnings.....but come on, at least fake it.

Payout structure by NASCAR is higher at the top and lower at the bottom....... Now that's NASCAR .... Where the difference comes in is contingency sponsors. Apparently Harvick and Stewart Haas Racing have more little stickers on the front fenders of their cars. If Junior doesn't have a sticker and Harvick does... then Harvick gets the highest contingency money for that race. Then you have the "Winners Circle Program". Im not going to pretend that I can explain that one.

I realize that we're talking a totally different financial level here, but years ago (like 1978, give or take) a friend of mine won Modified Eliminator at the NHRA Nationals at Pomona and had a $25,000 payday; about 2/3 of that was contingency money for all those little stickers. They can definitely add up after a big race; his girlfriend had a clipboard with a list of every decal, and checked each one off as the company chipped in their share and was amazed at the take.

Lap money. Harvick led a lot, Jr. led a little. Most guys have the same amount of "stickers" on the fender, NASCAR tells them where the stickers should be.

Back