Junior wins pocono!!!!

Lap money. Harvick led a lot, Jr. led a little. Most guys have the same amount of "stickers" on the fender, NASCAR tells them where the stickers should be.

Actually it is more based on the contingency sponsor stickers. For instance, Richard Petty Motorsports has never ran with a Budweiser, Coors, or Busch decal and given up the chance to accept those sponsors money. Some car sponsors that are corporate competitors of the contingency sponsors do not allow the contingency sponsor decals to be run. Not all teams apply the full decal packet that is provided by NASCAR because of the above reasons.

Actually it is more based on the contingency sponsor stickers. For instance, Richard Petty Motorsports has never ran with a Budweiser, Coors, or Busch decal and given up the chance to accept those sponsors money. Some car sponsors that are corporate competitors of the contingency sponsors do not allow the contingency sponsor decals to be run. Not all teams apply the full decal packet that is provided by NASCAR because of the above reasons.

That's always been the case; but, curiously enough, Twisted Tea is a sponsor on the 9 car of Marcos Ambrose this season, not only as an associate sponsor, but as primary in select races.

I was looking at the payout sheet. I know the NASCAR prize money structure is an entire other conversation. When the second place guy Harvick wins more than the first place guy Earnhart I wonder if NASCAR is even TRYING to look legitimate. I guess the reality is that it doesnt matter how much they win, the expenses far out weigh the winnings.....but come on, at least fake it.

All your top drivers dont get paid weekly anyways. They have set salaries at the end of the year like NFL or NBA players do. But the money your referring to comes from other little awards like "laps led" or "fastest pit stop", etc.

???

All your top drivers dont get paid weekly anyways. They have set salaries at the end of the year like NFL or NBA players do. But the money your referring to comes from other little awards like "laps led" or "fastest pit stop", etc.

are you sure about that? I thought they had a set salary plus a percentage of the winnings.

Back