Kart is loose. Which adjustent ?

I just spet a little time looking at video's of the track at:
https://www.google.com/search?q=foo...d&sa=X&ei=uizSVO6rE8SuggTHkYLwBg&ved=0CAYQ_AU

I'm thinking your mainly talking about turn one and not four, two or three. I've never been to the track but here's what I see from the video's and just a general thing I look for in turns at any track. A lot of tracks banked or not so banked, have what I call a "no mans land" towards the top of the turns. The "no mans land" is where the track, even though it is banked all the way up to the fence or tires, actually levels out a bit towards the top. It's a natural thing for those who prep a track to pay more attention to what they think will be the racing area, then the rest of the track outward. When ever you check a track out, you must look to see if there is a "no mans land", which defines the top of the racing grove. What happens is when racing you can't really see very well where the slight lessening of the banking occurs. You really can't see it well unless you walk the track. Drivers will learn where it is because the loose a little grip when ever the right side, starts to get into the "no mans land". Generally it's the RR that first experiences it and loss of grip at the RR instantly means loose.

It's all just a guess but if your talking about a problem mainly in turn one, check out the track there, from the video's it looks to me like everyone's ok going high and running to mid corner, unless... they get up a little into what I think may be a "no mans land" in turn one. Weather I'm right or wrong, it is somethine you should and must look at when checking out a track.

and again just a guess after looking at track video's. The "no mans land", generally sets the top most grove on many banked tracks.

I think Racing Promoters numbers are a good baseline for your older chassis. The increased stagger will help with the loos as it will still turn in, but slow your weight transfer down.

caster

Chassis make is unknown. Its an old pill style kart. Looks similar to a banshee but not not sure.

Raced it at foothills saturday and the kart was very loose on entry and wanted to push on exit. Was still fast but could have been better.

Run what ya brung class 375# rule.
Scaled on bathroom scales it was
376#
44% nose
61% left
59% cross
1 1/2 front stagger
3/4 rear stagger
Yellow vegas 5psi lf 5.5psi lr 6psi right side punching 35-40

I was thinking maybe it could be to much caster.

Foothills is a fun track, one and two , are shaded by trees, and 3&4, gets more sun. ive ran after getting rain during the week and it can make it interesting. track has more banking than any others ive seen. it reminds me of Bristol.

Yes the banks there are very steep. Hard to tell from videos and pictures.

The kart was loose on entry in both turns and only pushed coming off of 2 towards the tires.

We are going to try possum kingdom this weekend. If you are there look for a flat black #59 in a rwyb or modified class. We will have a flat black #59, black #95 and a white and blue #6.

Took it to possum kingdom for the tri state series race. I won the rwyb class. Only had 3 entries but it was still fun.

I took my rwyb predator out with the clones in the first practice just for fun. I was passing them like they were sitting still lol! The track officials kindly asked me not to do that again :) i had a blast !

if you want to "add cross" you'd want to move your right front spindle down, by taking washers from the bottom and adding to the top, correct? I think maybe you have it crossed up, above?

Back