kart length question

gene

What is the average length of a kart just looking at getting back into racing and trying to figure out if it will fit in a 6ft bed of a truck. Thanks.

Fits well with wiggle room, I raced out of a ranger and dakota bed for years, started working better when I'd wheel the kart up ramps on the stand then I'd have the whole bed for tools and tires

I race enduro races out of the back of my truck. People race out of everything from their trucks to mini vans to 200,000 rigs at these racess. My money gets shoved toward min 100.00 dollar entry fees, pit passes, hotels, food, and other expenses to travel at minimum 8 hours to race for a trophy. Priority right now isn't getting a trailer because my current set up works. Plus a 2-600 dollar trailer wouldn't last at what I would throw at it.

really? buy a 5x8 trailer for 200 bucks and haul it,,wow,, some people amaze me with really stupid questions
That's about the same size as the truck bed Mr Hopper.... And no one wants a craigslist trailer for sure, have you seen what $200 get you these days, homemade junk..... Now go pick on the fella with the 64 tar rack.....

I've seen some really sweet racks for 1 or 2 karts above the truck bed.
Leaves the bed for gear and the hitch free for a camper for the family.
Also, some city folk don't have a place for any trailer on their property.

Welcome back to karting!

And to think..... I sold my enclosed trailer so I could simply get around with just my truck. How stupid of me!! Not. Largely because I recognize that the most feeble of minds are usually the ones most easily amazed.

but then, I began karting when you strapped the kart on top of your car's roof or trunk. Stationwagons were like having a trailer back then. :)

I've seen some really sweet racks for 1 or 2 karts above the truck bed.
Leaves the bed for gear and the hitch free for a camper for the family.
Also, some city folk don't have a place for any trailer on their property.

Welcome back to karting!
When gas went up we parked the enclosed, we built a diamond plate bed cover on hinges, the kart went on top, went we got to the track and got the kart off it raised up and everything was right there, tailgate had a piece of mining belt screwed to it so it made a very nice work bench, and with weather stripping everything stayed dry

I ran last season out of a minivan, with the stow and go seats that drop in the floor, I got 2 karts inside! with both of our tool boxes and spare parts.. we built a wooden ramp that sat at an angle, first put a kart in, then the ramp, slid the second on on top and we went racing! Only did it once though.. everyone was laughing till we beat them ;)

Back