kart length question

The last time I checked the enclosed trailer never made my kart faster. When we started we transported ours in the back of a plumbing van. We loved beating people with enclosed trailers. It was amazing when they started coming over to our pit to see what we where doing. Stay within your budget and have fun. People with limited racing incomes can become very creative on how to get to the track. Good luck.

We race out of 2 P.U. trucks and a small trailor that looks like an out house, I had enough to buy a bigger trailor, but bought a new Sudam engine instead, then built a plywood top for my small open trailor. # FAS Championships, in a row, and 3 track championships in the last 4 yrs.

So Grasshopper has to go 8 hours minimum to find a race? With his attitude he is probably banned from all the tracks closer to home I guess! Get you kart to the track and run. Getting wet bothers me a bit but you do what you have to. Enjoy yourself no matter what and you will be a winner!

Dan

Been racing for about 7 yrs now. Started with one kart and truck. Then 2 karts and old beat up snowmobile trailer now we have 12' enclosed trailer. Don't matter how you get to races....just matters getting there and having fun.

So Grasshopper has to go 8 hours minimum to find a race? With his attitude he is probably banned from all the tracks closer to home I guess! Get you kart to the track and run. Getting wet bothers me a bit but you do what you have to. Enjoy yourself no matter what and you will be a winner!

Dan

I drive 8 hours minimum to race enduro tracks. I only enduro race so thats why I drive so far.

Thanks everyone for your responses. We just are looking at getting back to racing. I learned that to never judge how people get or do what they have to do to get to the track. I find usually most people are friendly just out to enjoy family time. Thank you for your responses. We have been on both sides of open and enclosed trailers. Either way didn't make us fast and I've seen guys show up with only a truck and just out run everyone. Just looking to enjoy seeing our son do what he loves to do.

I've seen some really sweet racks for 1 or 2 karts above the truck bed.
Leaves the bed for gear and the hitch free for a camper for the family.
Also, some city folk don't have a place for any trailer on their property.

Welcome back to karting!
Kart on a stand in the bed of a pickup?? Kinda' high center of gravity isn't it?
Stop before you go around a corner, or cross RR tracks, lest the whole rig wind up out in the highway.

Thanks everyone for your responses. We just are looking at getting back to racing. I learned that to never judge how people get or do what they have to do to get to the track. I find usually most people are friendly just out to enjoy family time. Thank you for your responses. We have been on both sides of open and enclosed trailers. Either way didn't make us fast and I've seen guys show up with only a truck and just out run everyone. Just looking to enjoy seeing our son do what he loves to do.
well im sorry bout the trailer response,, its all about having fun with the family,, good luck to you guys

If you are going racing out of the back of your truck bed do what we did . In are short bed Ford F150 there was a place to put 2"x4" across the bed from side to side . We would lay a 4'x6' piece of plywood on top the 2"x4" and set the Kart on top the plywood. That way we could leave the side pods on and also we had the bottom of the plywood we could put are Kart stand ,fuel jug ,tools and other things . Worked good for use .

Here is how we roll...sometimes..

Attachments

• loaded truck.jpg
    loaded truck.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 29
Kart on a stand in the bed of a pickup?? Kinda' high center of gravity isn't it?
Stop before you go around a corner, or cross RR tracks, lest the whole rig wind up out in the highway.

Heaven forbid if anyone considered putting a slide-in camper in one then.

I've actually seen an A-frame out of 2X4's in the bed of a p/u which had a kart strapped to each side of it and all the gear in the center section of the A-frame. Slid it out of the bed so one end went on the ground, stood it on end, then unstrapped each kart while on the rear bumpers and removed them from the rack. Pretty neat I thought.

Back