KT100 class at MAOS

I really don't think there will ever be a pipe of the month ever again. That was way back in the day. How many new Yamaha pipes are being made right now? Most people here in the Midwest run a kbdm or a kbdo. There are a few that might run a Collins pipe. I personally have all 3, but not every one does. I would say leave the pipe open. The best thing to do in my opinion is to keep the engine spec wka, or ikf, and leave the tires and pipe open. That way someone doesn't have to go buy anymore me pipes. I will never run a rlv pipe anywhere else. If you make that the spec pipe. That's the only time I will run it.Some people that may want to run the series would much rather stay home than buy a 100$ pipe. We can't afford to weed out any karts as far as 2 cycles. There's not that many of us anymore

It has not been "Pipe of the Month" for many, many years. Since the mid -90's it has maybe been every three years or so a new series of pipes would come out.

The L Series was the last to come from RLV, and I can't even remember when that was??

We used to sell over a hundred pipes a year until the very early 2000's.......I do not even stock pipes anymore. Have sold maybe three new ones in last five years. And I bet every larger shop will tell you the same thing.

Spec pipes vary from region to region, but even at that, we probably sold less than 20 of the newer SR-Y pipe that WKA tried to use to eliminate the SSX series can.

Open pipe and WKA legal Yamaha rules are definately the way to go for MAOS.

I am pretty sure that is the direction as I have not heard much from the other side of the pipe discussion. With a stock yamaha, open pipe, open tire, the class should pull in some great interest. Also a reminder it is 100% payback so that being said the entry fee is set at $35 dollars (thru contract $15 of the $35 goes to the track leaving $20 to the purse per driver) if you notice on the entry form there is a spot for contributing any amount of money to any class. This will also help with the purse and awards. Top 3 will receive awards on the weekends where top 5 will receive championship awards. Another thing to note is since awards are expensive and being 100% payback doesn't guarantee awards every time I will pay for the first race and the first race only as the rest is up to the racers and sponsors. Once I get the prices for awards I can message those who would be interested in helping out. With a $35 dollar entry fee across all the classes I want racers to see where their money is going if they want to contribute more. This is not a huge payout series as I don't intend it to be. A championship is worth more in my eyes than a paycheck. Others may view it differently if so pay $100 entry fee and I will put all of it back into the purse. Same goes for the UAS class since its 100% pay back, Now you all know my pay system for 2014. Hope many are excited as I am.

Unfortunately sponsors for any 2 cycle class are going to be hard to come by. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it is unlikely. Everybody is racing the clones now and that's where the money is at. The kinky thing we can do is ask around and try to get some sponsers. It would be great to bring 2 cycle karting back. I've been trying for many years to do so with no luck.

Exactly the reason why UAS and KT100 is 100% payback I would rather have racers show up than give them awards as that will come with time. Most of the 2 cycle racers I know are looking for a series this is it and it will show the shops that still build them the interest is there then sponsors will jump on. I have some old ties with a few 2 cycle guys and are looking to sponsor but want to know what the interest is going to be like. I want to have $35 dollar entry fees but if there is a group of 10 guys that run the whole series and want to pay $10 dollars extra straight to awards that would pay for the championship trophies (at least come close), but I am not going to force that upon my racers like I have said before this series will be determined on by the racers as many are going to travel. $35 dollars a class versus $65 and up at other series is a huge jump as I had to really sell this thing hard to have tracks let me have it this low but on the other hand don't abuse it please. This is how a series should be ran with championship trophies and enough money to go home happy. IMO

We have some potential sponsors for 2 cycle classes but I must show them the support of the racers. So I want a role call of what races people plan to attend and how many? If you post on here email me at promoter@maoskart.com

Got a guy looking into buying a Kt100 for the series and is requesting who is going to run this class. I am trying to help 2 cycle racers out so show me the support and if it is out there please.

Got another racer that may run kt100 he's going to bring it to the first race to see he will be racing clone for sure I'm gonna make a call this week see if i can get a sponsor for this class.

Back