L0206 vs clone

I am looking into getting started with a kart. This LO206 engine options seems to be getting very popular. What kind of speeds are seen with this engine? I know setup makes a huge difference but I am likely going to run some SCCA parking lot stuff for now. What chassis are out there that work well with this engine setup, something I can find clean and stock but cheap.

Is there anything different about the LO206 engines on eBay for 580? Something missing off them I need? Seems reasonable for the reported speed and longevity.

That is for the engine without: air filter, header, muffler, muffler clamp, chain guard, motor mount, fuel line, throttle cable, pulse fitting, clutch, clutch mounting hardware, and breather tube fitting. Most of the kits from 750-800 will have all these parts with it. Once you get the kit you will have to put it all together and adjust the float in the carb. Add oil and it will crank right up and you are ready to go. Faster Motors and Carlson Motorsports would be where I would go for the best prices and support. Either one will get you hooked up with what you need.

75mph with your backside mm off the ground is moving pretty good...and that is a stock motor right?

Stock LO206 engine as prepared by Jimbo Frantz from Fastermotors.net Straight out of the box and a First Place win at Summit Point last weekend. I'm a happy guy.

Thanks for the referral, dryslick.

G.Rossman, we're less than an hour away from you.
Give us a call - we'd be glad to discuss our LO206 race-ready engine packages with you.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Motorsports
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

Indeed Carlson is your best bet.. He's been racing like forever and can offer info across the board which is needed to be successful..

To me comparing the LO 206 to the Clones is like comparing Cashews to peanuts. To me there is no comparison between them. They are both good for karting and that is a good thing. If you want to spend time and money to keep up with changes and up dates then by all means that is for you. If you like changing oil cleaning the filter and go racing then the LO 206 is for you. But I think people are beating a dead horse asking to compare them to each other. Just pick you engine and go enjoy racing. JMO I am 75 and enjoy running my LO 206 as it gives me more time to fish and play golf. Have FUN which ever you choose.

To me comparing the LO 206 to the Clones is like comparing Cashews to peanuts. To me there is no comparison between them. They are both good for karting and that is a good thing. If you want to spend time and money to keep up with changes and up dates then by all means that is for you. If you like changing oil cleaning the filter and go racing then the LO 206 is for you. But I think people are beating a dead horse asking to compare them to each other. Just pick you engine and go enjoy racing. JMO I am 75 and enjoy running my LO 206 as it gives me more time to fish and play golf. Have FUN which ever you choose.

Preach brother, Preach!

Mr. Simpson, well-said.

"Just pick your engine and go enjoy racing. JMO I am 75 and enjoy running my LO 206 as it gives me more time to fish and play golf. Have FUN which ever you choose."

You are inspiring!

Back