Leather karting kacket

fasttommy

Who's got the cheapest prices on the leather karting jackets u see all the big shots wearing. Any idea how much they go for

I know I'm old and been out of the sport for awhile but if I were you I wouldn't buy one. Work hard and earn one. Means a lot more. I earned 4 leather championship jackets and they mean the world to me. It use to be when you saw someone wearing one you knew the had did something great. Something special. Won a big championship. Now you just order them. Not the same. Just my two cents.Take all that money you would put into a fancy leather jacket and put it into going faster and winning one.

Could be in same situation I'm in where u gotten screwed out of them by the track. Won 2 championships and was promised jacket for both of them and never received one. So I'm gonna have to do same thing and buy my own ......

isn't it more about safety. i'd love to have a leather jacket for protection.. standard kart jackets look thin... Same question here.. where to get a good cheap jacket.. no fancy lettering or stripes... standard black would be good for me

isn't it more about safety. i'd love to have a leather jacket for protection.. standard kart jackets look thin... Same question here.. where to get a good cheap jacket.. no fancy lettering or stripes... standard black would be good for me

ballistic nylon definitely wont keep you from exhaust pipe burns.
highly unlikely that it would stop road rash either.

R/T Leathers have some super nice leather jackets and nice prices,out of Monroe NC.Check them out on Facebook

I know I'm old and been out of the sport for awhile but if I were you I wouldn't buy one. Work hard and earn one. Means a lot more. I earned 4 leather championship jackets and they mean the world to me. It use to be when you saw someone wearing one you knew the had did something great. Something special. Won a big championship. Now you just order them. Not the same. Just my two cents.Take all that money you would put into a fancy leather jacket and put it into going faster and winning one.

Those leather champion's jackets are certainly earned, and something to be proud of, but it's not only the champions that want or deserve the safety of a leather jacket. Why would anybody have a problem with somebody buying a racing jacket made of leather. We're not talking about somebody going out and buying a "Champion's Jacket" that they didn't earn. I agree that would be wrong, but that's not what we're talking about here. I say if you want a leather jacket, go ahead and buy one.

to me, I understand that the leather jackets you earn or win mean alot to the racers, but I don't see anything wrong with someone buying and using a leather jacket that isn't earned. Some tracks dont offer any kind of series or opportunity to earn a jacket, and some racers simply might not be able to afford to travel and race series and championships with the equipment and money they have, not everyone can do that. Most of the people that buy them, buy them for the added protection, they also last alot longer compared to the nylon type jackets like Simpson, Impact and other brands are, they all burn way too easy and it ruins them quick. Why buy several of those jackets a year when one good leather jacket can last for years? People that respect the value of the jackets that are earned dont buy one and have something lettered or embroidered on like "champion" or whatever else, they just wear them, maybe have their name and number on it if anything.

We used to race with a guy who wore a welder's jacket. Not pretty, but also not expensive - and worked well. If you have one of those nylon jackets you might consider getting a welder's leather arm sleave. Again not pretty, but effective and relatively inexpensive.

Back