left side weight

move the motor to the left will get a very slight amount more left--moving the right side tires out a half inch will get a slight amount although generally not recommended. Why not move the seat or add lead? How much more left do you need? John

We are running an asphalt road course and running a Seraph on a Purple plate flathead and my numbers are close to last year except the left side weight percent. I am about a percent and a half less than last year. We are running the same wheels and tires and engine as last year and stagger is the same also. He has to weigh a minimum of 250 pounds and he is 265 now.

I'd check the front seat slides to make sure they are tight. Anytime our Seraph had changed numbers, they had became lose and the slides actually spin to the right.

If the slides are tight, you are only talking about a shift of 4lbs to the left, I wouldn't hesitate to do that with the seat and he probably won't feel a shift in the seat as little as you'd have to move it.

If you prep your tires heavy, the right sides can gain a considerable amout of prep weight and cause this and it's more pronounced with Jr % due to their low overall weight. Just a thought.

I'd check the front seat slides to make sure they are tight. Anytime our Seraph had changed numbers, they had became lose and the slides actually spin to the right.

If the slides are tight, you are only talking about a shift of 4lbs to the left, I wouldn't hesitate to do that with the seat and he probably won't feel a shift in the seat as little as you'd have to move
it.
If you prep your tires heavy, the right sides can gain a considerable amout of prep weight and cause this and it's more pronounced with Jr % due to their low overall weight. Just a thought.

I will check the slides but I do have them bolted in both holes on the slides to help prevent that from happening. Anything is possible. lol Thank you

Nose-47.0
Left-56.0
Left front spindle all the way up
Right front spindle all the way down
Right front camber-3 1/2
Left front camber- 0.0
Right front castor- 11.0 pos.
Left front castor-7.0 pos.
Front stagger 1 1/2
Rear stagger 1 1/4

Tires maxxis pinks rights
3/4 ounce lambert blue
3/4 ounce mafia original
Mixed together in a glass container which combined =1 1/2 ounces
Take valve stem out squeeze or push down on tire place a small tube on a small funnel
Then with valve stem to the bottom place funnel on valve stem and pour mix into funnel while relaxing tire
Put valve stem in being careful not to move tire not to splash onto side walls put 10 psi air
Carefully carry to roller and let roll 24 hours do not put anything on the outside

Left rear- straight up nothing on inside

Left front - 1/2 ounce lambert blue and 1/2 mafia original
Roll all tires together at the same time.
Before the bashing starts:
I have been out of karting for a few years. Why?
I am in late model stock cars now, but I have a trophy case full of trophies from karting
And I have been on a lot of different chassis and I can say this though experience.
And have outrun big names in karting on old chassis.
I have come to learn they are all a piece of metal and they all will take the same numbers
Now kart manufactors will not like this post as well as tire guru's that want your money
The only reason I am giving out this secret is I am no longer in this sport after a lot hanging around all the right people. Here is my email just in case someone wants to see if I know what I am talking about.
Wayneshell4@gmail.com

Nothing you posted helps get LS% up
You copy and pasted on 8 different threads?
The setup you posted will NOT work on all chassis, in fact if you had to run the setup you posted your chassis was wore out

Nothing you posted helps get LS% up
You copy and pasted on 8 different threads?
The setup you posted will NOT work on all chassis, in fact if you had to run the setup you posted your chassis was wore out
I run this setup on on brand new tritons buddy just as soon as they were shipped to my door and you don't know me from Adam and I have raced all over the Southeast
And guess what happens when those guys come up your way
Yeah.... You know just trying to give some free secrets to some speed so if you will shut your mouth and try it you will go fast.. If not the ones that do try it will kick your butt. Now wanna compare notes trophies or whatever my email is here. Thanks

I run this setup on on brand new tritons buddy just as soon as they were shipped to my door and you don't know me from Adam and I have raced all over the Southeast
And guess what happens when those guys come up your way
Yeah.... You know just trying to give some free secrets to some speed so if you will shut your mouth and try it you will go fast.. If not the ones that do try it will kick your butt. Now wanna compare notes trophies or whatever my email is here. Thanks
Dont have to compare, over 150 feature wins 10 tracks championships(when we raced for them) Factory sponsorship(they just dont give those away), and worked for a large chassis company
Dont have to try it, were fast where ever we go
And no cant think of anyone out of bama that has came to Tenn, Ky, NC or Va and just kicked everyone's tail
In fact i have helped guys from all over the country win races, even some in Bama

Then I know why you are trying to discredit what I am putting out here cause everyone that tries this knows how you are kicking their butts. And I knew when I did it the only ones that would shoot it down would be the ones that were doing it themselves. I did the same thing cause I did not want them to know how I was kicking butt.

Then I know why you are trying to discredit what I am putting out here cause everyone that tries this knows how you are kicking their butts. And I knew when I did it the only ones that would shoot it down would be the ones that were doing it themselves. I did the same thing cause I did not want them to know how I was kicking butt.
LOL I have never maxed out the spindles like that, no need to
Also maybe you didnt read, but I have helped alot of other racers even plenty at our local tracks, I have no secrets I welcome the competition thats what racing is about.

Nose-47.0
Left-56.0
Left front spindle all the way up
Right front spindle all the way down
Right front camber-3 1/2
Left front camber- 0.0
Right front castor- 11.0 pos.
Left front castor-7.0 pos.
Front stagger 1 1/2
Rear stagger 1 1/4
can I ask why you didn't list a cross number? Almost everybody does.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Well Al I am glad you asked.
You are Manipulating the chassis
1. If your LF is all the way up and your RF is all the way down
When you turn in the corner weight is going to go the less static wheel in this case the LF
When it does you release the weight from the RR kinda like a seesaw affect and it goes in then on the RF And LR and then from center off cause of VCG's you land back on the RR and then according to how much stagger you have in the rear is how well it turns center off.
Once I figured this out I realized this stuff was not Rocket Science.
After you get this part figured out it is all tires at every track you go to.
Thanks again AL for the question although there is no magic answer to cross cause different weight drivers will change cross settings and chassis as well.
Rule of Thumb that I go by and live by CROSS GETS YOU IN AND REAR STAGGER GETS YOU OFF

Well Al I am glad you asked.
You are Manipulating the chassis
1. If your LF is all the way up and your RF is all the way down
When you turn in the corner weight is going to go the less static wheel in this case the LF
When it does you release the weight from the RR kinda like a seesaw affect and it goes in then on the RF And LR and then from center off cause of VCG's you land back on the RR and then according to how much stagger you have in the rear is how well it turns center off.
Once I figured this out I realized this stuff was not Rocket Science.
After you get this part figured out it is all tires at every track you go to.
Thanks again AL for the question although there is no magic answer to cross cause different weight drivers will change cross settings and chassis as well.
Rule of Thumb that I go by and live by CROSS GETS YOU IN AND REAR STAGGER GETS YOU OFF
LOL yeah ok. seat in the same location, doesnt matter if its a 300 lb driver or a 50 lb driver, cross will not change
Cross is a full corner radius adjustment, front end settings get you in the corner to apex.
Stagger effects way more than just corner exit like rotation at apex
Seems like you dont have it figured out
Theres so many wrongs with your statement I dont know where to begin lol

"CROSS GETS YOU IN AND REAR STAGGER GETS YOU OFF"

From that I assume you only put enough cross to it, until it goes in ok. And then you increase stagger until it comes off the corner ok.

Is that correct?

If it is we often talk about a "baseline" on here. Since you have to go into the corner before you can come off the corner, what would your baseline low cross be? I ask about the low number, because I figure if your going to increase it until it turns in ok, you have to start low to begin with.

The next thing I see happening is, ok your going in ok, but maybe it's not coming off ok.

Same thing I figure you'll increase stagger and makes me ask the same question. What stagger number would you start with.

I just went back and read the numbers you gave us and I see you already told us what stagger to use. Sorry I missed your already telling us. Am I right about the stagger number's you told us being the "starting baseline" numbers?

But you ain't told us your low starting cross, is that still a big secret. ... :)

I can see your thing working. Set your front and left then put cross to it until it turns in. After that it's either ok or not coming off and if it's not add stagger. I figure your going to tell me you do it that way, and when you start adding stagger, if you need to, to fix coming off, it will not mess up how it goes in. I can even see the increasing in stagger helping, going into the corner.

sounds cool to me. Am I on the right track with you or not?

thanks

paul

edit: Something else came to mind, but I don't know if you normally look at it. Could you also give out a vertical center of gravity number? I think your really helping everyone out, but I think one more number if you have it or even used it would help, in addition to your starting cross.

thanks again and I like how I think your looking at stuff. ... :)

Ok being I have spilled the beans and made a a lot of big name karters mad I will finish
66% is the magic number I try and shoot for with my seat straight in the kart not angled to the left but over enough to stay off the engine and 10 1/2 off rear axle
What I do is try and get max on spindles as I said with a 1 1/2 stagger in the front
Then I go to rear say with zero pills in a new Triton with the driver in kart on scales
You should have
47% nose
56% left
74% cross ( Then put 1/8 in left rear to make the axle move up )
Then you should have around 66%
Track the right side and toe left out an 1/16

I have made for some good racing in go karts when everyone tries this and see that they can be as fast as the BIG DOGS please everyone try out the prep as I stated earlier
Hey guys all this is FREE and it cost nothing to try it to be the next BIG DAWG also
Good luck and get ready to hold on.

THERE ARE GOING TO BE SOME MAD BIG NAMES AT ME
BUT I DONT CARE

Ok being I have spilled the beans and made a a lot of big name karters mad I will finish
66% is the magic number I try and shoot for with my seat straight in the kart not angled to the left but over enough to stay off the engine and 10 1/2 off rear axle
What I do is try and get max on spindles as I said with a 1 1/2 stagger in the front
Then I go to rear say with zero pills in a new Triton with the driver in kart on scales
You should have
47% nose
56% left
74% cross ( Then put 1/8 in left rear to make the axle move up )
Then you should have around 66%
Track the right side and toe left out an 1/16

Thank you.

paul

edit: Not much more to say then thank you Sir.

ps... :)

I'll bet there's right now a whole ton of karter's out there with scales, who are about to throw their Triton's on the scales, do what you say and see if they get the 74% and it then drops to the 66%. ... :)

HEY! karters out there. If you do and it does, how bout reporting it right here. ... :)

thank you again. And just letting my mind wander as it so often does, it ain't wandering far from what you just explained, if at all.

Back