left side weight

Paul, you seemed surprised by that number. There are two other fella in Al. I know that are close to if not above 70% and are hard to beat. One of them for sure has gone out east and run neck and neck with the big boys. I'm 100% positive Mr. Shell knows them as well. :)

Justin Dopson Dee Pascal
What they are doing is where we use to run what we call high cross
Well now they still run the spindles that way but
Manipulating the chassis by taking it all back out in the LR by raising the axle up as much as possible that is why we run a floater gear hub to keep the chain straight and bring the cross down even more by raising the rear stagger so it will turn center off
Now that is why they are so fast I promise.
And to me the fastest prep out there is Mafia original and Lambert blue
Mixed 50/50 with 1oz to 1.5 rolled in rights on a Monday
If you are gonna race That Saturday and let them roll for 2 days
Nothing on outside of tires until you get to the track then save these tires for the main event and fire them lightly with Saffire all this I like to buy from Dyno cams so nobody can walk on it if you know what I mean .... God's truth here boys
Promise you will be upfront
Only 1/4 oz of each in left front and nothing in left rear
Wayne Shell

Could keep naming
Everybody going to kill me
What took them years to learn I just told the whole world
Gonna make karting come alive again now ��

Looks like an oval setup judging by the -3 rf camber, original poster was running road course, just pointing that out

Don't know about them fellas. There is one more I know of you haven't named. I know it wasn't me cause I live Mittittippi. :) But I would be way up there if I still raced.

We are running an asphalt road course and running a Seraph on a Purple plate flathead and my numbers are close to last year except the left side weight percent. I am about a percent and a half less than last year. We are running the same wheels and tires and engine as last year and stagger is the same also. He has to weigh a minimum of 250 pounds and he is 265 now.

How would I get more left side weight without adding lead or moving the seat? Thanks for any info

Running sprint, I don't know how you can do it, without jumping on the frame. You said same numbers as last year, could you have bent the chassis the end of last year and didn't find out until now? I see no reason for your numbers to change, except for mishap, if you didn't do anything to it.

Running sprint, I don't know how you can do it, without jumping on the frame. You said same numbers as last year, could you have bent the chassis the end of last year and didn't find out until now? I see no reason for your numbers to change, except for mishap, if you didn't do anything to it.

he said they are same tires as last year, tire spring rate changes over time as you put the tire thru more heat cycles....my guess would be that the spring rate has changed and if he were to put a newer or fresher set on it, the numbers would be the same again. Just a guess though. I know my numbers will slightly change between older tires and newer ones, which is why we scale with certain tires and air for a baseline

I'd actually go out on a limb and say that since his last post on the subject was almost 2 months ago, he probably has corrected his issue anyway or he would still be looking. :)

ps... :)

I'll bet there's right now a whole ton of karter's out there with scales, who are about to throw their Triton's on the scales, do what you say and see if they get the 74% and it then drops to the 66%. ... :)

HEY! karters out there. If you do and it does, how bout reporting it right here. ... :)

thank you again. And just letting my mind wander as it so often does, it ain't wandering far from what you just explained, if at all.
I made a pill change on the searph and it did about that.
Of course it was a mistake I got the pills in upside down.

We are running an asphalt road course and running a Seraph on a Purple plate flathead and my numbers are close to last year except the left side weight percent. .
I can't figure out how these three things can go together in the same sentence.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

I can't figure out how these three things can go together in the same sentence.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

What is there to figure out?

The original poster is running purple plate flathead on a Seraph chassis (LTO) and is racing on a roadcourse.

This entire thread was a waste of typing and bandwidth, because all you guys are arguing about cross for an oval track, when the original poster was asking about left side weight in regards to an LTO kart on a roadcourse :rolleyes:

LOL yeah ok. seat in the same location, doesnt matter if its a 300 lb driver or a 50 lb driver, cross will not change
Cross is a full corner radius adjustment, front end settings get you in the corner to apex.
Stagger effects way more than just corner exit like rotation at apex
Seems like you dont have it figured out
Theres so many wrongs with your statement I dont know where to begin lol

Every one that has a set of scales would you please put your kart on there
Without a driver look at your readings
Then put your driver in and look and tell this man you lost cross
Same thing little guy verses big guy, more weight causes the chassis to FLEX more and you
Lose cross...you need to do your homework.
One thing you need to try be fore you Bash and always, always remember
It came from me
CROSS GETS YOU IN STAGGER IN...REAR STAGGER WILL GET YOU OFF !!!
Stagger in front is only going to raise cross more but I normally
Like to run a 1 1/2
Read this real good a try it when nobody is looking
And you will say Damn guy was right.
I thought I knew it all too until some very smart guys in karting showed
Me this and I kept it quite until now. All I ask is SEE 4 YOURSELF if it does not work what have you lost a practice...
If you don't and someone else takes a chance you will get your butt handed to you I promise

Secret: Cross is your ROTATION from RR to LF like a seasaw it transfers Dynamic cause your RF is STATIC go look that up so you can tell everyone what that means for me so they will understand Thanks

Thank you Paul
I think the ones that try it are going to say like I did their First race....
I never knew it got this good
Everyone try and look over the NEGATIVE responses
There is a reason why they are not wanting anyone to try this

Every one that has a set of scales would you please put your kart on there
Without a driver look at your readings
Then put your driver in and look and tell this man you lost cross
Same thing little guy verses big guy, more weight causes the chassis to FLEX more and you
Lose cross...you need to do your homework.
One thing you need to try be fore you Bash and always, always remember
It came from me
CROSS GETS YOU IN STAGGER IN...REAR STAGGER WILL GET YOU OFF !!!
Stagger in front is only going to raise cross more but I normally
Like to run a 1 1/2
Read this real good a try it when nobody is looking
And you will say Damn guy was right.
I thought I knew it all too until some very smart guys in karting showed
Me this and I kept it quite until now. All I ask is SEE 4 YOURSELF if it does not work what have you lost a practice...
If you don't and someone else takes a chance you will get your butt handed to you I promise

Secret: Cross is your ROTATION from RR to LF like a seasaw it transfers Dynamic cause your RF is STATIC go look that up so you can tell everyone what that means for me so they will understand Thanks

Cross wont change, spent many hours on the scales many many years ago, total weight goes up, less nose% LS% goes up cross stays the same, a butt in the seat adds more weight to the lr
trust me 20 yrs in karting and building a premier kart track in its day + a lifetime in oval racing full scale before karts, i know all I need to know
and 1 is that I have never seen your name on a check from any of the insane one's or Thunder

Back