LF Camber.

RedTeam15

Have a JR1 green plate kid who still spinning out frequently. He seems to be steering in and out of turns with too much steering input (it seems) and digs in to spin. My question is, what would be a good way to counter that on setup? Camber or caster change? Looking for maybe something small to adjust. Only 2nd year, so experience is the big one. Hopefully question makes sense. I’m still a little confused on tight vs loose, as far as how to describe his conditions Obviously looking for general suggestions. Running ‘19 pursuit. Thanks

Title maybe misleading. Meant to change it. Can post differently or elsewhere in forum if suggested, new to posting

Sounds like you’ve got a push, and when the front finally bites it there’s too much steering angle and the rear can’t hang on. Assuming the set up is really close and your tire game is on, move the LR out a bit, next take a washer of cross out. See what each one does and go from there.

Yea, pretty close. Cross is at 62.7. Recommend 57-63. Not sure if bumping that number down might help a little. The camber on left front is about +1.25. Slightly over the .5 recommended. Everything else should be very close to the baseline setup.

In my experience going from +5 to 1.5 is a big difference. me personally I would get closer to the +5 on camber then adjust small from there. If I’m tight going in a .+25 adjustment frees it up. I would do exact base line and play with tires pressures etc

Yea, pretty close. Cross is at 62.7. Recommend 57-63. Not sure if bumping that number down might help a little. The camber on left front is about +1.25. Slightly over the .5 recommended. Everything else should be very close to the baseline setup.
Definitely need to drop LF camber.
Nose%?
I'd drop the cross a washer or 2 on the LF.

Hopefully I’m giving good info here, front was reading 48.1%. I’ll assume that’s what you mean by nose %, correct me if wrong. Start of Second year, just trying to catch up on what the heck is going on when we take it to scale. Better handle this year, only scaled once and took to practice. And Ron, I thought that name looked familiar. Not sure how to direct message you, but kart should be familiar to you lol.

Hopefully I’m giving good info here, front was reading 48.1%. I’ll assume that’s what you mean by nose %, correct me if wrong. Start of Second year, just trying to catch up on what the heck is going on when we take it to scale. Better handle this year, only scaled once and took to practice. And Ron, I thought that name looked familiar. Not sure how to direct message you, but kart should be familiar to you lol.
Decrease LF camber to .5. When he turns the wheel the LF is digging and making him spin.

High nose coupled with the high LF camber.
Fix the camber.
Nose seems way high to, unless you've been instructed to run it that high.

47-48 is recommended for baseline JR class, per slack. Sounds like camber is atleast the firs step. Sounds like I should get that camber corrected and work from there. I really appreciate the info!

47-48 is recommended for baseline JR class, per slack. Sounds like camber is atleast the firs step. Sounds like I should get that camber corrected and work from there. I really appreciate the info!
Yes definitely get that l/f camber fixed. Email or call nick from slack he will give u good numbers and I just put them in our pursuit and won Friday night. I never had that kart over .5 on camber. The nose might be high also but not sure being lighter. Get the numbers fixed and tires tires tires that’s the game. Contact me on here Facebook anytime. Kj26 on here is very knowledgeable and way smarter than me also and pry been on the tracks up your way

Last edited:
Curious what is your left % age ? Maybe I missed it but where and what track ? Which Tires ? and yes these guy's have given you info what to adjust first lower the LF camber for sure .

Left is 54.5%. Burris 11s is what we run. Had an older set on for practice, so that certainly contributed. We have a brand new set ready for opening night. I’ll start with camber

Put on scales and check numbers after adjusting will throw off more than likely. I set front end scale and check front end again when done moving weight washers etc. I don’t know if this is right or wrong but works for me

Back