LO206 questions

Dust, dirt, mud is everywhere at a dirt oval race.
The most important thing you need to do is keep it out of the engine!
The filter of the LO 206 and the Animal engines hangs right over the RR tire
I would strongly suggest that you put some kind of deflector between the RR tire and the air filter BEFORE YOU EVER GO TO THE TRACK!
Often times the dirt from the RF tire can plaster the front side of the air filter as well.
I would figure out some way to prevent that also.
I would also have at least 3 air filters and prefilters ready to put on as the night progresses.

I don't disagree about one filter. Just wish it was either a better filter for $24, or a cheaper price for the one we have to run. Not a real big deal either way.

PS. I love my R2C. I was getting a little dust at first, too, but I changed filter adapters and no more dust. I love not having to oil it.

I had the gen 1 one. I emailed them and the told me tough buy our resigned one. The flow is horrible on the. My friends limited would not crank with one. The green ones work better than that .

Last edited by a moderator:
The key to the filter is to wash and oil it after each race weekend. I struggled with the R2C filter because fine dust seem to go right through it and it wasn't designed to be oiled. The Briggs filter has the same problem unless you oil I also wire tie a piece of plastic that covers the bottom of the filter as an added protection.

I like Jimbo's suggestion, and it is similar to how I used filters in the past. But with the Briggs filter being $25 (vs. a much larger K&N style for $10) your suggesting I have $75 - $100 worth of filters instead of 30-40. The filter rule annoys me as a result, but I would still rather see parity rather than people having the perception that someone has an unfair advantage.

jj
It's called Local Option. Hint Hint

Yea, we added a local option to open the filter, but we found out it created a perception of unfairness with different, often bigger (but cheaper) filters. So we just went back to the Briggs rule set making it user friendly.

Back