Lo206

jamiespop

To whom it may concern. I had my first race today with my LO206 and Max Torque 9 shoe clutch. What a great combo! If an LO206 is the right fit for you and/or your track...get one of these things. It was WAY better than any Chonda I have or have had, and I am no longer interested in dealing with them. I had a pretty complete parts inventory for them and was ordering stuff on a regular basis...not no more.

I realize increased popularity in this restricted and sealed motor will not be favored by engine builders, but talk about hassle free. There was really nothing for me to do between rounds but chill. No stress, no hurry, no pushing my kart back to the trailer. I just left it up in the "parking lot" and mingled or rested.

Very cool.

Thats the way karting should be for most people. There's lot's of other options for masochists like me, but for the growth (or even to sustain) the sport we need to get back to basics and offer people a reliable package that they can get seat time with.
LO206 is the answer to this

Builders will be fine, they are a creative bunch ;) At the least can still do top ends for people who choose not to.

I agree but I think at my home track, people poo-poo 4 strokes because they're not fast enough. If I could get some of these guys in the faster classes to see how much fun restricted racing is they might be swayed. The spectators love a good battle most of all and watching a race where the karts are evenly spaced by the length of a school bus is not much fun. I realize sprint racing is a whole different world from circle track but alot of the racing I watch here kinda looks like practice day.

Don't worry about the "faster class" racers. Spread the word about now much fun you have with such an economical package and NEW racers will come. You must spread the word.
I started the World Formula class here with just one other racer. We ran with KT 100's and were about a second slower than the fastest ones and pretty much laughed at. That was less than 4 years ago. The class grew as word spread and we have many new karters as a result. Today it is the largest class at PKRA by far with over 50 racers competing in the class this season including many shifter and TAG racers who moved over to experience the close competition. It seems the "competition" is more fun than the "speed"!
Great rules packages ( WF and LO206 ) along with quality low maintenance equipment makes for a great racing experience. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

Sprint asphalt is my domain too. Mostly I race shifters, but I love the 206 for the low hassle and different style of racing.
Don't waste your time trying to "covert" the guys in TAG and so on. Let the package and the racing speak for itself and those interested will crossover with time.

Back