Looking to build a kart!!

I know this thread is a little old but I just had to comment. I think it is so awesome, all the positive responses I see regarding the topic of this thread! You guys are super cool and without such an open mind racing wouldn't be what it is, especially dirt racing because you don't see many "spec" series that run on dirt.
I have been a bit down as of late because I went to a kart race out in Delaware and was shocked at some of the things I saw, and when I (nicely) began asking why this and why that, I was just told well everyone else does it, or thats just how it is. OK, well, I have been studying race car engineering for a long time and I see thing differently. I may be wrong, I may be right, but the point is to have the freedom and support to bring in new ideas. Most ideas fail, but hey, when you hit the mark, what a wonderful feeling it is!
I actually moved out here from the West. I raced sprint cars in Texas in the late 90s and build my own cars and gained a lot of respect in doing so. Problem is I'm not known out here and feel completely left out. It really is discouraging, but I really want to race again. I want to build karts and micros to help raise funds to get me in a sprint car. So far, what I have gotten is "we don't care who you are or what you have to say attitude". Then today I came across this! I hope I can make some new friends and do some racing! Sorry for going on and on but I just needed to vent a bit.

Thanks guys!
Ham

Back