Looking to build a kart!!

fastcar31

I need the plans for a left turn chassis if anyone would like to send them to me. Don't really care about type of chassis, I'm gonna change a couple of stuff on it but just need an idea on some bends! I have a straight rail kart but that's nothing like a left turn chassis. You can just pm me if you can help me.Thanks!!

If you decide to buy instead of build let m know. I have an 02 buller demon, 02 buller speed demon, and an 00 top kart kid kart. 815-718-9505. Have entire race team to get rid of: karts, stands, chassis set up tools, many tires and rims, many flat heads w/ parts also. Hardware and extras too much to list. Pennies on the dollar

Why in the world would you think you can build a competative chassis ,when manufactors spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of testing to come up with a design that will be capiable of winning. Even if you are capiable of preforming the cutting fitting and welding required the engineering is very complacated. Just bow up and do your homework and find a chassis that of good quality and buy it. Concentrate on learning all the variables it takes to make it fast. Tires setup gearing moter builds and many more things are more than enough to try and master.

What makes you think he can't?
Building or having your own chassis built isn't that difficult.
Some do make karting seem a lot more complicated than what it truly is.

Why in the world would you think you can build a competative chassis ,when manufactors spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of testing to come up with a design that will be capiable of winning. Even if you are capiable of preforming the cutting fitting and welding required the engineering is very complacated. Just bow up and do your homework and find a chassis that of good quality and buy it. Concentrate on learning all the variables it takes to make it fast. Tires setup gearing moter builds and many more things are more than enough to try and master.

Colin Chapman.
Just sayin'

Let the guy do his thing. Maybe he is curious about the process and wants to understand it better? I don't think he said, or even implied that he's planning to wipe the floor with his chassis.

If you decide to buy instead of build let m know. I have an 02 buller demon, 02 buller speed demon, and an 00 top kart kid kart. 815-718-9505. Have entire race team to get rid of: karts, stands, chassis set up tools, many tires and rims, many flat heads w/ parts also. Hardware and extras too much to list. Pennies on the dollar

send me a list of your stuff please

Well, if the guy thinks he can build them, let him try, what better way to prove or disprove his engineering and fabrication skills. When was the last time anyone saw a homebuilt win a big or money race? 34 yrs. I've never seen it.

Last edited:
They said the same thing in quad motocross racing 10 years ago. Till i took a job with a team. Had to right a new rule book after that. If you want to build your own, do it. i hope you outrun the big names. Its uncommon but that's what racing is all about. You just never know.

right now I just build cages for winged outlaw kart conversions but am going to make my own full chassis this summer to run. There is nothing better then to win a race with something that you have done from scratch. I started this by building a cage for my son and one for a local racer. 3 years later I'm on my 5th cage so far this spring with another just ordered today. What I would suggest is just start looking at pics of chassis and try to understand the how and why they did the things they do research on here and other forums the pros and cons of each design and use that idea to make your own design. That's what I'm doing. I have studied several over the past 5-6 years and am going to take those ideas to come up with my own design

He can if he wants to. Why not.? We were out of karting for 25 years. Went to a track, took notes, looked at my first LTO. Went home built my own. Built 6 for dirt and 2 for asphalt. First year on Asphalt 3rd and 4th in points. Built 2 more and won a track championship. We no longer chase points and do 3 styles of racing instead.

What's the difference in building your own stock car and winning a track championship? The people who came up with these designs for kart chassis are just normal people. Who knows he might just invent the next best thing.

Go for it what is there to loss ....I have no idea but i build my own cage on a Slack chassis into a champ kart drove it three races already, just ext. the wheel base by moving the axle back 2 inches all by myself..............Good Luck

I find no problem building your own. You have think as a chassis builder. You start with zero and go from there. I am sure SAE chassis were laughed at << till it motor by. Dirt racing has very much moved in to rock hard tarmac like surfaces. Your only loss is your time and some tubing. You can do ok or you can rip in it . But it is your own machine, some can Fab some have no clue or time for it. I have a whole bench full parts << bought for just such a project. Just trying get time line up to get moving on it. With retirement looming in the next year, I am going have mucho time for just that. And with mu buddies help << also a retired chassis race car shop owner. We are going to just that. Building a chassis for low grip racing.

I won a California state championship once, with a kart I built, with an engine I built and a header and pipe that I built. This against some of the best competition in the country. Talk about adrenaline, you wouldn't believe.

If you have the equipment, and the skill, go for it.

Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.(Al Nunley)

Well, if the guy thinks he can build them, let him try, what better way to prove or disprove his engineering and fabrication skills. When was the last time anyone saw a homebuilt win a big or money race? 34 yrs. I've never seen it.

I seen it done before now it was done in 89 by my Pops(Marty). But it was also an Sauder look a like. Yeah I know that was a completely different form of racing. That was the year he won pro outlaw championship.

Frankie

I take it you're a follower. If you follow the crowd, you'll only go as far as the crowd goes. Racing is innovation, doing your own thing and thinking outside the box. I have built many chassis of my own and won many many races and championships with them. I built an offset chassis for the indoor circuit that was outlawed before the heat races started because it was so fast. It was pretty radical and flew thru the corners. Their reason was that it was an unfair advantage because no one else had one. I told them all they had to do was call me and I would build them one. I sold it to a kid in Indy and he won every race he ever ran with it, then they outlawed it.
You can do what ever you put your mind to, and not let negative people hold you back.

I have a chassis and the fixture the chassis was built off of.. the fixture rotates.., I will sell for the right price.. the chassis use's standard BMI weldments..

At last year's (2013) Thunder I met a guy racing a chassis built by a non name-brand do-it-yourselfer.
Don't know what the outcome was, but evidently they tho't they had a chance and threw down the money to prove it.

Back