Make Your Own Seat

no tips, but it sure would be nice to have a seat fit really well.... I have an alum racing seat from the stock car days that's so comfortable I can fall asleep in it..

Do you want a seat that is similar to another seat? If so, modify that seat to fit like you want, then copy it. If you want a true custom fit, get a box big enough to sit in, put on your racing suit, get a large piece of plastic, fill the box with expandable foam and before the foam gets hard sit in it. Once it hardens up use the foam/plastic as a mold and build your seat.

I cut and modified a seat then made a mold of it and have made more. There are some good videos on youtube on working with fiberglass. Cost alot but is fun and you can have a seat that fits.
People that have seen mine say it looks like a person not like a seat.

Simple. Do as I did a long time ago. First, find a full size hard plastic mannequin. Pose it how you want it and seal the seams with Bondo. Spray it with gel coat, wax it, lay fiberglass on it. Pop off as many as you wish. I am in the process of getting a large men's torso and make some enduro kart seats.

Back