Mottville Speedway, Michigan

Speaking of MACKS, I believe they have a great series. I bought a champ this winter with hopes of running it at Angola. I’m only about 10 minutes from the track but they didn’t schedule Angola this year unfortunately
That's too bad. It does look fun. I got mottville confused with galesburg, I have a pic from the 80s from there.

we all had a meet and greet out there about a month ago. They tore up the infiled and mad some laps with some old beater karts and some side by sides... then they got busy over to M40. I know in the conversation, insurance co wanted them to make a bunch of changes, electrical, lighting. barriers and such.. they had a couple semi trailer full of tires they were working on as well... There was talk about putting the kart track out in the main parking area... hoping to hear back from Austin this week... with him and his small group trying to run, own and improve 2 tracks... it may take some time. Mottiville stopped running karts after a kid stuck his kart in the cement wall at high speed. This was YEARS ago.. to my knowledge the kid was never the same after that... I'm hoping they will pave a smaller oval inside the track. Looking forward to testing whatever they build.

we all had a meet and greet out there about a month ago. They tore up the infiled and mad some laps with some old beater karts and some side by sides... then they got busy over to M40. I know in the conversation, insurance co wanted them to make a bunch of changes, electrical, lighting. barriers and such.. they had a couple semi trailer full of tires they were working on as well... There was talk about putting the kart track out in the main parking area... hoping to hear back from Austin this week... with him and his small group trying to run, own and improve 2 tracks... it may take some time. Mottiville stopped running karts after a kid stuck his kart in the cement wall at high speed. This was YEARS ago.. to my knowledge the kid was never the same after that... I'm hoping they will pave a smaller oval inside the track. Looking forward to testing whatever they build.

Again. Losing faith that it will be a success or even happen. Dude doesn't communicate what so ever. Not enough updates to care really. Reminds me way too much of the last two that just went under.

Also nobody paves anything for go kart racers. It's tough enough to get a dirt track with some clay on it around here. Hey Happy 4/20 tho.

Where is your home track and what do you race? We are in SW Michigan and two hours + from everywhere.

S T A Y T U N E D H E R E !!! We ran some karts and lawn mowers last Saturday as a test. I'll start a new thread when I have "solid" information.
Likely late next week.
And yes... guy is a terrible communicator.

S T A Y T U N E D H E R E !!! We ran some karts and lawn mowers last Saturday as a test. I'll start a new thread when I have "solid" information.
Likely late next week.
And yes... guy is a terrible communicator.
That'd be awesome, fingers crossed but not holding my breath. I passed out last time lol

Back